OLTL: Dropped stories

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well i remember when Crystal Hunt was first cast as Stacy, she was supposed to be Talia's sister, not Gigi's. I heard rumors that Frons forced Carlivati to change his story from talia to a rigi story, thus causing the firing of Beth Ann Bonner

• Members

Here are a few:

1. Allison Perkins secret on DVD

2. Dorian drugging Charlie

3. Dorian realizes she loves Charlie

4. Who's Blairs Father

I'm sure there are alot more but that is all I can think of right now. But a great topic considering OLTL is not the greatest right now.

• Members

I don't think Stacy was ever intended to be Talia's sister. There was a casting script posted online for the introduction of Stacy involving Talia and Antonio, but typically those casting scripts use false names to throw us off. As for BAB's firing, I think that was directly related to KdlR quitting.

• Members

I was thinking about that the other day when I saw Chisum in something else.

How was that resolved? I remember when they took him off-contract, but does anybody know what his last scenes were?

And Alvin, I agree. Is it possible for a head writer to have more than just their first year be stellar? It seems like they all charge out of the gate with nothing but fire, and by their second year, they're limping along as bad as their predecessor. Is it that we truly have that many people who can't handle the job, or is the machine just too monstrous for anybody to hang in there with excellent work longer than 10-12 months?

• Members

IMHO, its easy to come in and clean up a mess and use your initial ideas...

this is why i think we all judge HW's way to easy. Three weeks into his solo stuff airing RC wa shailed as the next Doug M. and Bill Bell.

Now? People are condemning him to Hacklyville and drawing comparisons of 'the writer'

• Members

And again (I sound like a broken record), but I truly don't think a lot of these people are "brilliant" or "hacks". I think there are varying levels in the middle that we never acknowledge. If there are three stories we hate on a soap, and the fourth story just happens to be working, we usually give credit to the actors, because "there's no way *insert head writer name here* is writing stuff this good".

In six months, OLTL could be firing on all cylinders again. Who knows? This stuff is all cyclical, and sometimes, it's just that things click, and sometimes things don't.

• Members

As I recall, Miles did have a brief exit scene, after over a month of non-appearances. He said something about moving away to have his own life. Which really didn't bother me, because Miles didn't fit in on RC's landscape. They tried to create sparks with Non-Marty, tried to create sparks with Natalie, tried to create sparks with Roxy... and none of them caught. Which is ashame because David Chisum was SMOKING hot.

I think characters like Miles and Vincent were leftovers from Dina's regime that didn't really fit into RC's plans for Llanview. So they lingered around until their contract cycles expired and then disappeared. To be honest, I'm STUNNED Layla is still around, as she seemed to be one of those characters, too.

And I think pretty much EVERY regime has some storylines that go unaddressed because of various factors. Actors leave, unexpected chemistry causes a shift in another story, etc. By and large I actually think RC's one of the few writers left on daytime who manages to eventually get back to a lot of his stuff.

I think the Allison secret and Rex's father were probably originally tied together, as it was implied heavily before the writer's strike that Rex was probably Mitch Laurence's son. Since that (appears) to no longer be the case, RC might have to rework Allison's secret to be related to something else.

Archived