OLTL: Dropped stories

• Members

To me, Rex's paternity is important only if his father were someone like Victor Lord - which would make him, among other things, Viki and Todd's half-brother, and Jessica and Natalie's uncle (!). Otherwise, though, I tend to side w/ brimike on this issue.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Will I get in trouble for this?

I heard something about how Natalie and Jared's wedding was to be a launching pad for a ****load of stories hitting OLTL, but someone (*cough* *cough*) nixed the idea.

• Members

I think Frons would love to have a Natalie/Jared wedding. They can have a double with Viki and Charlie.

Followed by, in yet another great nod to history, Ursula Blackwell blowing them up with her explosive wedding cake.

John will mope, Marty will primal scream and tear at her hair, and Todd and Tea will have sex on their coffins.

If they're going to spend this much time on rape stories which go nowhere, then I think the could take time to delve into Blair's conception. I don't want to see her past ignored just because they've gone to the well too many times with Marty.

• Members

As with Rex, I don't believe Blair's paternity is worth exploring unless the identity of her bio dad will be huge.

That's why I feel like it should have been Carlo Hesser.

Think about it: Carlo and Viki are practically mortal enemies; yet, they'll always be tied together through her brother and his daughter, and all the crumb-snatchers they share.

Plus, seeing Dorian and Carlo - who, I don't think, particularly care for each other, but who agree about Viki - always mutually concerned for Blair, Starr and Jack's welfare, to the point of putting the three in the middle constantly, would've made for good soap opera.

Ah! ;)

• Members

I think there's potential for big story even if her father is not someone we know. When Cassie came on the show, her father was a new character, David Renaldi, and he drove years and years of story.

I just wish they wouldn't bring back formerly prominent characters only because they were once prominent. The returns of Mitch, Carlo, Tina, and Marty I think were all failures for this reason. They have added nothing to the show on their returns. Did they even mention Carlo after Talia was killed?

• Members

Have they ever gone into Blair's past before? I know she was in the foster care system and truthfully I could care less about the man who rape her mother. What more can they say about it but that he is sorry for doing what he did and now over forty years later wants to meet a child he probably has no idea about and why would Blair even want to know about this man. It is not important to her unless she is suffering from this part of her life, do her sexual antics stem from her knowing that she is a product of rape and if so I rather see her deal with that with her mother and aunt then with some criminal who is probably not going to drive any future story.

I think this is one of the problems writing stories to satisfy both new viewers and old viewers. As a new viewer I think the need to address a lot of issues with Blair who her daddy is isn't one of them.

• Members

I think there's plenty of story to tell about Blair's father besides forgiveness or him finding out he has a child. What if she has brothers and sisters? What if she gets to learn more about her father's past and the way her life could have gone? What if this affects her relationships with people in Llanview?

I think OLTL dismisses everything about Blair to further plot, so I'd just like to see a break from this.

• Members

Has Blair ever really had a BLAIR story? Or has she always been relegated to supporting the Dorian story, the Max story, the Cord story, the Todd story and the Spencer story? This may be the longest-running supporting character who never drove her own story. Hell, Starr's had more of her own story than Blair has.

I wanted Carlo to have fathered Rex AND Blair. But I was hoping for too much.

And Carl, Bo did say they didn't want to release info about Talia's death (for which John is being blamed?) until the family was notified, but aren't John and Antonio the only ones that KNOW Carlo is Talia's father? Aside from Cristian/Sarah/Layla/Tina/Cain/Jonas? Did Bo ever find out this information?

This would be a great platform to bring Carlo back with a vengeance, but they've botched too many Carlo returns in recent years, IMO.

• Members

True. Nevertheless, I could see Carlo returning and swearing vengeance against the entire Lord family. First, they take his son (Johnny Dee); and now, thanks to

, they take his daughter.

Archived