OLTL: Dropped stories

• Members

Rex still has his old loft? I thought when he moved in with Gigi, he gave up that place. It wasnt too long ago that he was too poor to afford Shane a Christmas gift, yet he still had a place that he wasnt even living in?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Welcome to Soap Economics, where a man can work part-time as a bartender and still afford a studio apartment more spacious, more lavishly furnished, than any coldwater, roach-infested dump you'd be lucky to find in any major, metropolitan city.

• Members

Well, to be fair they did mention several times that UV was doing very well after Gigi got the Plain White T's to perform. So I'm sure that upped his finances...plus the Buchanans gave him a boatload of money when they hire him to hunt down David Vickers.

• Members

Didn't Sarah convince the Plain White Ts to perform as a favor to Rex, who knew they were Gigi's favorite band?

And are you meaning that Rex reacquired this loft after getting his finances back together?

OLTL shouldn't have to work this hard at building obstacles for couples. It's just awkward.

• Members

I don't know....I'm sure Rex just kept the loft the entire time. It's not like he had to pay for Gigi's rent or anything. After all, it is Viki's property and I'm sure that she pays all the bills.

I don't remember the Sarah part about that. But it seems like Rex was thanking someone for playing at UV, because it helped bring in the bucks....maybe I am thinking of another group instead of the T's.

• Members

I do remember that UV was supposedly flush after the Ts performed, but I seemed to recall Rex called in a favor with off-screen Sarah, through her music connections, to give Gigi this surprise gift of their performance.

But the issue that still doesn't work, since Cheap brought it up, was if he kept this loft while he couldn't afford a video game and all his credit cards were maxed out and being declined left and right, why wouldn't he just give up the loft since he was living with Gigi and free up the money he was using the pay rent on a space he wasn't using or planning to use again?

And how did Stacy's Stripper Pimp even find her there, if Rex hasn't used the place in months and he didn't even really know who Rex was?!

• Members

For that matter...

How did Roxy have the sense to print out an instruction manuel for unhooking the life support machine? How was John McBain able to just walk out of jail without a security camera or guard seeing him? How is it a conflict of interest for Rachel to be Cole's counselor, when it wasn't for Nora to prosecute him? How did Marcie get her teaching lincense back? How was Schuyler able to stroll out of the hospital with a bag of Stacy's blood? Why are Starr and Cole not even in school? How were Markko and Langston able to chat online while at school? Why did Gigi just let Shane walk away after he basically called her a slut, and why didn't she ask him about school? And how is Cole able to just walk in and out of rehab as he pleases?

Too many questions....not enough answers.

Archived