Y&R: Week of May 04, 2009

• Members

Miller is totally the problem.

He's totally overused.

There was no reason for him to be with Sharon, Lily OR Amber & the less said about the Chloe propping the better.

Clementine isn't the second coming of AshBash but she's not Kimsey bad. Yet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why aren't Victoria and JT at the wedding? Nick and Phyllis aren't there either. Do they hate Katherine, or something, because there is no mention of sick kids.

Billy and Mac are like Tyra and Neil, these writers think if they tell us enough times that they have great passion and chemistry, we'll believe what we hear over what we see on screen? Talk about dipshits.

And Billy and Sharon were awesome together, not unnecessary, I hope she's having his baby.

• Members

Yeah and Ford isn't it. I said when the role was cast though that Mac isn't necessary and I still feel that way. There was no reason to bring her back this soon.

I too think Miller is being vastly overused. They need to scale it back a little.

As far as Chloe is concerned, I don't know. I really like her and I really like EH, but a little part of me feels like she needs to lose Billy to Mac or someone so that she can somewhat "pay" for the entire Delia saga.

I agree, it's too much, too soon with two new actors in the role, they need to just let it go. If Mac must stay let her re-establish friendships and so forth before throwing her into a relationship.

• Members

A gospel-church-resounding Amen to that Dee. If you're young and on a soap it's all about you're love life. Mac has such an interesting back-story/history that could contain a year's worth of story that would have nothing to do with her love life. I'd love to see and find out how Darfour has really changed her. I'd like to see how she's made peace or NOT made peace with her mother and her family (we got Brock - use him!). I'd like to know her views on something other than deflecting people's "are you here because of Billy" remarks. So she's the heiress to a vast fortune and wants none of it - that's improbable, but fascinating to see IF we get something to inform us of her rationale. In short - I'd like to know who Mac is now before we shove her into Billy's bed.

And why couldn't they have given Mac a makeover before she came to town? When I think of soap-makeovers I always think of Kevin Kline in Soapdish getting all dolled up after being a washed up dinner-theatre actor. Did someone all of a sudden say, after a few weeks, oh we really should make Mac beautiful and give her some concealer for those bags, an interesting hairstyle and perhaps some flattering clothes? Her first scene was a fantasy sequence in BILLY'S MIND and she looked nightmarish. The problem with Mac is that we haven't seen what makes her so great to begin with.

Awww...why?

• Members

Haha! Keep up BEA! Last week's thread though was so fun for me, hearing everyone opine their Who's MJ theory (I think everyone knows mine now!), Who's Got Gas(lighting) theories! LOL! And I learned a lot about the past s/l's that I never knew or even heard about (oh how I wish I could see that Vanessa Prentiss s/l!!!!)

• Members

Chloe and Amber mention this on Monday. It reminded me of why I love those two as possible BFF's. Although, having hated all the Mac's, I don't see the appeal of the character, she's never had anything personality wise to make up for her plain as dishwater looks. If Billy is going to worship over her, hopefully Chloe will find someone else to keep her warm at night.

Archived