Y&R: Casting News

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I have enjoyed Della since the 70s (which is when I first became aware of her). I like several things about this. I imagine she is short-term, but I'll imagine she basically plays herself which, then, includes being a minister. I actually think it would be interesting to explore Neil having a crisis of faith, and Della helping him with that.

A short term family introduction might also launch some backstory for Neil that could propel his next storyline.

I have imagined (before this spate of doppelgangers that almost ruined Y&R) that Sharon could have had two babies that she put up for adoption. That is rendered even more plausible now, now that we know she "loses time". And so Cassie could have a 'twin'...and maybe more of a handful.

I'd still accept that, but there really have been too many doubles at this point.

• Members

Has Neil ever been religious? He's seemed more holier than thou than holy.

Could they be bringing her on to help facilitate Devon's exit (if Devon is leaving)?

Maybe Della could work for the homeless shelter Mac and Kay used to reside in.

• Members

I would prefer Mamie, but I'll take this. They need a matriarch if they ever plan on properly rebuilding the Barber-Winters clan and it's nice that they're exploring something new. I think without John they fail to see the full usefulness of Mamie, but she could do a lot of good for Jack, Ashley and the other Abbott kids as well. Hopefully this leads to a recasted Malcolm returning and possibly Nate. I'd hire Lamann Rucker as Malcolm and call it a day. He is so sexy and can act as well. Then Lily would have another father presence in town, Olivia (and Nate) would have more to do and Phyllis and Malcolm's friendship could turn sexual. The possibilities are endless, just don't pin all the minority hope on Neil. Shift the focus to Malcolm, Olivia, Nate, etc. These characters are fresh and well rested.

Archived