B&B: A Rick & Ridge 'Thing'????

• Members

:o:o:o -- I know that I am 99.7% beginning this topic on possibly shaky ground. However, I just read through the entire thread on a possible Taylor & Stephanie pairing. Thus, I felt compelled to elaborate on a thought that I got from watching Today's show. Has anyone else wondered that the true root/origin of the Ridge vs. Rick angst actually has been building for quite some time & is mainly caused by a 'real chemistry' between the two? I am partially kidding & yes, of course I know that this idea will 99.9999% never see the light of day on screen. Still, having watched today's episode..... I realised that maybe just maybe.... 1 of these guys (on the show) has a real 'torch' for the other & that is REALLY why all the violence bad feelings & tension has been flourishing for what seems like forever now......

Granted, if so....... I say Ewwww~~ Rick is Brooke's son afterall & I cannot be certain (someone please clarify) but I seem to recall that there was a time in 1990-ish when Brooke thought Ridge might actually be Rick's father....... So that would be a double eww~~~ Still, this is B&B, so.....

Beyond the layers of the 'yuck factor' involved, it might be a surprising twist that TPTB could explore in this on-going story. I noticed today especially, that there was indeed such an energy between R&R. I am among those fans that would welcome a recast for Rick, though. Oddly enough, its Ronn & Kyle Lowder that give off the 'sparks' that I picked up on...

Are there other fans who share my view? I am sure there are zillions who will disagree with it. I accept that knowingly. If there was EVER a daytime drama that continually pressed the Ewwww button--- it is hands down 'Bold'. Thus, I wager that this idea may someday (sooner rather than later) reveal itself in future scripts. Whether it makes it past the ideas phase, is another story entirely----

Still, I do wonder~~

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love this as subtext but ... nah.

Ronn Moss would REFUSE to play this subtext (I'm not making that up; he has said in the soap press--no, I can't remember when/where, but I absolutely read it--"Nothing you could say would ever make me interested in that part of a man's anatomy").

I don't doubt that Kyle Lowder might be playing with that subtext...either intentionally or ... because it just oozes out of his pores.

But I also believe that, as I have said about Stephanie-Taylor, that it would be "end times" if the show went there. This is such a damaged, broken show...they don't need to add more humiliation value.

• Members

THIS is why the show needs new blood, new characters. How many times are they going to do Bridge, before an outlandish, perverse kind of story like this takes place?

It's bad enough Ridget happened(even though I still love and defend the story, maybe partly because Jennifer Finnigan was able to sell why Bridget would be in love with the man she once thought her father or her brother). Do we need "R&R"?

Archived