AMC: TUESDAY, APRIL 7TH, 2009!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jake and Amanda were really cute with their video. :)

Something I learned today: I really do like Zach and Kendall when they're both not being retarded.

WHY, OH WHY must we have the Ryan pimping? Half of his scenes were just counting numbers and playing a children's game to showcase how "great" of a parent he is. The scenes could have just been left out completely, especially since they were boring as dirt.

I do truly believe David loves Krystal. As for how much, I'm not sure.

Aidan and Annie's subplot seems really contrived. But whatever it takes to get Melissa some decent screentime!

Opal looked hot today! :D

That's all I got.

• Members

I've wished for years that David would learn kickboxing or some other martial art where he wouldn't have to risk his brilliant surgeon's hands, but he'd be able to clean his enemies' clocks. No one deserved it more than Tad did today! The only good thing to come out of the tragedy of D/K losing their baby is to realize how much they love each other!

• Members

David and Krystal were really good today. Keep playing up the human in David Pratt! I love it. I thought the episode was well rounded and the only thing I didn't really give a damn about was Ryan and Kendall. I thought Opal talking to Zach like Myrtle would have was a nice touch.

Hate Tad. He can go to hell for all I care. HATE!

• Members

HAha aiI loved Tad for getting his jibe in it was SO below the belt nd inapropriate :D I enjoyed today except pointless Ryan scenes. Please--I don't actually mind Ryan as a supporting character, but please...

The Annie stuff is winning me over and I can't work out why. It's the kind of unrealistic story I normally hate, I hated it when Sinclair was there and they talked to her thru the vent but now I'm loving it :D However I'm starting to really want new or diff faces on this show--when does the new Scott come? liza?

• Members

Oy! Good Wednesday morning, first of all. Happy Passover for those who celebrate it, second of all.

Third of all, I CAN NOT STAND TAD AT ALL!

I mean, seriously. Tad assaulting and picking on David is like a big, fat bully with man boobs picking on the skinny little kid in the playground... because Tad knows that David will not risk his surgical brilliance by hitting him. Anyway, Tad's hypocrisy is really being played up in Pratt's writing -- and I don't know if it's just a coincidence, or it Pratt's doing it on purpose. I don't understand how Tad can basically hand Krystal over to David as if she's some toy he didn't want to play with anymore... and then constantly interfere in her relationship with David. Tad, dickhead, if you hate David and hand Krystal over to him with good riddance, why are you constantly butting in? I hate this [!@#$%^&*] and his desire to have it both ways all the time.

Ryan, can you PLEASE shut up? Another damn hypocrite. Greenlee was the love of his life, which is why he'll never get over Zach killing her ( :rolleyes: ), but yet, he bones Kendall and wants her love and devotion less than a month after Greenlee dies? And then, constantly quizzing Kendall about her feelings for him? Ugh! I love the whole, "yeah, you just came back from keeping vigil after your 1 year old son's open heart surgery but... what about me? Do you like me?" because it shows just how selfish and narrow minded this sonofabitch really is.

Jake and Amanda were cute and annoying at the same time. Cute because "on paper" the scenes were endearing. I liked the concept. Annoying because the last thing I need is RPG having an excuse to be "funny." It reminds of me an interchange between Khadijah and her journalist rival Marcus Hughes on Living Single.

Marcus:(smiling) "So... you think I have a nice smile?"

Khadijah: "I don't know. I've never seen a weasel smile until now."

Moving on... Angela needs to calm down with the Drucilla fierceness. Show me you're the better woman you claim to be and be professional, rather than getting a stank ass attitude. I don't give a damn if you hate David or not. The focus should've been on Krystal.

Speaking of Krystal, I did like the twist that Krystal miscarried. I just assumed it was her appendix. That was clever. I do have to hand it to Pratt. While he pulls contrived plot devices out of his ass like Inspector Gadget, he definitely knows how to use them to get certain honest emotions out of the characters. The tornado. Greenlee's death. Ian's heart condition... and now Krystal's sudden miscarriage. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying all of the contrivances work (Di's death, Josh's death, Kendall's Annual Koma, Reese/Zach). But there have been quite a few that have.

Wow! This was actually a decent episode for me. Every time I write about something, I think I'm finished and about to post, but then something else pops into my head about it.

Annie and Aidan. I'm invested because I adore MCE and care about Annie. I'm tolerating Aidan because Annie needs to have someone in her corner. She deserves it, after the way Ryan treated her last year. But I wish she could've simply gotten better and found a new love interest. Someone that can actually give MCE something to work with, instead of her doing ALL of the work (she had more chemistry with that doctor!). First Cam, now Aiden... Oy! Poor girl is doing the work of a purebred Clydesdale. Anyway, back to the story. I have to say it was interesting for Pratt to evolve this story involving Tori. At first, I was like, "ugh! What's the point of Ugly Bianca?" but now it's making sense, and I'm interested in it.

Eric's remark above made me miss Dr. Sinclair. I LOVED me some Bitch Doctor and the whole psycho camp of it all. I know she was named after me. I just know it. :lol: But I hated Tad's pronounciation. He'd always call her "Doctor SINclair." No, boo boo, it's SinCLAIR! Gets me sick... putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable. <_<

• Members

I thought it was a really good episode. I loved the mix of characters. I mostly felt the same way as several other posters:

Zach & Kendall's scenes in the hospital were bittersweet. I still don't root for them as a couple, though, and Opal's pimping to Zach in place of Erica annoyed me.

Ryan's scenes with the kids had no purpose (other than showing that he doesn't completely ignore them) and I was thrilled when Kendall told Ryan she loves him.

Annie rocked and I care what happens to her next, whether with or without Aidan.

Jake & Amanda are good together, but they went overboard trying to be cute and for me it didn't work. I especially thought the omnisexual skit was just stupid and unfunny.

Krystal's miscarriage was a good surprise that should lead to David realizing how much he really loves her. I hated how Angie blurted out to Tad at the end that "the worst is yet to come" for Krystal. Was she really giving out confidential patient information in the hospital corridor?

Tad went way over the line saying the miscarriage was for the best. It bothered me because in the old days when enemies were in crisis, like say Brooke & Erica, they could still empathize with each other. It makes them more human, imo. Tad was just cruel.

• Members

Isn't that just a horrid, horrid shame? A character that's supposedly a "good guy" and someone we're supposed to "root for" evokes the exact opposite set of emotions. I very, very, very rarely enjoy Tad. Tad's character is the type that is royally fcuked up, but shines a mega watt light on someone else's flaws and broadcasts them in high definition on a jumbo-tron just so you don't notice his. People like that tend to be extremely phoney, insincere and about as loyal as a box of dirt. Don't get me started on how he uses his friends... ugh!

That reminds me of how I do enjoy Pratt's take on Opal... and hope that she's supporting Zach because it's what she wants to do -- not because Erica flipped her hair and promised to act like her best gal pal for life if she did. In versions past, Opal was constantly doing Erica's bidding.

• Members

I know! And I mean I haven't ALWAYS hated Tad.... I think it really began when he turned on J.R during the whole babyswitch debacle. His character, for me, has not fully recovered since. I can forget about all the whacky out of character things The Writer subjected him too.... if he just didn't act so self righteous all the time.... I mean yeah uses friends NO KIDDING! Tad is the most screwed up character in Pine Valley.... no rooting value when as you said, he should have!

And yes, Opal is finally her own character again..... she was just Erica's tool for many years prior.

Loving Opal :)

• Members

Lovin' the Tad hater-ade. I'm drinkin'!

From his comment to David about Krystal's miscarriage and his unending campaign of clucking judgements to anyone who'll listen. Even his humor always comes off as transparent superior jabs, imo.

Worse? His wardrobe is hideous beyond compare (Your Honors, I enter the sky blue velvet jacket straight from the thrift shop and whatever that misshapen beige tarpaulin he wore Tue as evidence). :D

I wish I didn't feel that way and used to like Tad so much more (though he's been able to grate on me at times since I returned to the show in 2000/1).

Guess I had some built up Tad rants I needed to get out. Thanks. :)

Digging Opal, liking her having her own style about (and not just being Erica's lapdog as someone noted above).

Amanda and Jake, some of the video stuff was cute but went on too long.

I am all over the map with Annie and Aidan..

Aidan=Psychiatrist=Hypnotherapist=TooTooMuch

It's really really bad for Annie what he's doing, and terribly controlling for a woman who is not likely capable of giving consent...however well intentioned. Bigger sin is I am getting bored with looking at the two of them in a mental ward sharing. I really dug the vent sharing time but this arc of the story just hasn't grabbed me yet.

I like Aiden with Annie, they really do have potential and a bond. I'd also like to see Aiden have a successful pairing work out, too. I would love to see MCE really let loose with a leading man more talented/skilled than she's enjoyed so far.

All over the map.

Archived