AMC: Liza

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think people are being wayyy to sensitive about his "high school" remark. With 30 actors on a soap, yes, there's bound to be craziness. And that craziness doesn't have to BE about the show - it's just the nature of 30 actors working together; actors are typically high maintenance and overly-sensitive about everything. It's show biz.

• Members

It's interesting that Luner is 'spinning' this new "I love sexy" persona. I remember interviews back when she was doing Savannah and she professed to be anything but stating that she had no interest in being a girly girl. I guess it serves a purpose if that's how they're intent on writing Liza and she can certainly play the vixen wel.

• Members

I loved her as Lexi. She was great when she first appeared: a wounded woman, sophisticated, gorgeous, tough businesswoman... But then they made her a trashy, unrootable, awfully written villainess. And it all went to hell.

• Members

I bet it won't seem that way once she's on-air. She just comes off as older in about every role she plays - albeit in a sexy, attractive way. I think she'll do just fine as a contemporary for the characters mentioned.. and even as Colby's mom (especially when compared to the Dixie/JR situation, not to mention others in daytime).

If we're to be concerned about Luner as a recast Liza, the age thing would honestly be the least of my worries.

• Members

As I remember it, fans hated Lexi (and her ex, Coop, a.k.a. Linden Ashby) at first, until they turned her into a trashy queen bitch. That's when she took off, not before. Lexi's transformation was what kept that show alive and gave it a minor revival after the absolutely godawful Season 6 (in which the original, weepy Lexi as well as Coop were introduced).

• Members

I agree with you on this. Pratt is ridiculous. JHC as we all know is just a puppet, to Frons, but even more so to Pratt now too. He will dictate the castings now as he has with this. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the current AMC actors quit because of him and his awful writing, resulting in a quick recast who happens to be one of Pratt's bff's.

• Members

ICAM! It's completely absurd. I won't be the least bit surprised if he and other actor's on the set start going at it and they walk and he is screwed. a la Beverlee McKinsey!

Pratt has always been unprofessional, just like Guza. Always showing very little respect for their cast and the history of the shows they are at.

I find it funny that he says Jamie clicks with TK's character. GMAMFB! Does he think we are all stupid, as if we didn't know his intentions were to pair her with Zack!

• Members

While there is alot of truth in Pratt's comments regarding the high school antics of the cast, I pretty much agree with everyone else that it was very unprofessional on his part. I am willing to give Luner a chance. The age factor doesn't really bug me. Jamie looks older in a very sexy, voluptuous way. I can't wait to see how she gets along with all the great talent on this show..

Zach and Liza.... yeah Pratt is pretty transparent.... he's going there.

Carruthers didn't specifically say they'd ask Marcy back in a heartbeat if she was still acting. She worded it very smartly if you ask me because there is no way in hell ABC would ask her back.... Frons pretty much forced her out the door away. Marcy seems very happy and content though. I don't wish her the stress of this ageist industry anymore.

• Members

While I agree with you on his writing for Marcy on SB, I still have some doubt that he even attempted to entice Marcy.

I fully believe that Frons & McTavish were more responsible for the backburnering of Marcy/Liza than JHC. While I'm not at all a Carruthers fan (I was calling her to be fired from way back in the McTavish days), I think she's been sincere here. She's worked with Marcy on SB and has even lunched with her since her dismissal. Plus, I believe she was a big part of the reason they fought like hell to keep Marcy on recurring (and they did fight for that, make no mistake). I think she is a fan- and, let's face it, the only time Carruthers has had any power at AMC is when B&E were writing, long after Marcy's departure.

Yes, Carruthers worked at SB when she was Julie Hanan. Luner, however, should have been brought on in a new role or as Skye. The whole article describes Skye, not Liza.

Word. "We want someone who can slut it up and piss off our entire cast. I immediately thought of Jamie."

I see Cindy Lubbock from Just the Ten of Us.

Yup.

Agreed. She certainly doesn't scream "Liza".

• Members

Yeah, I don't think Marcy would have obliged anyway.... but they could have at least asked her. It would be great if Marcy came out and confirmed that they did not.

I think she should have been Skye.... or a new character..... I really am excited about her coming... I am just afraid it will just get bogged down with her trying to gel as an established character....

• Members

Why the f would they ask Marcy if she wanted to come back? She's made no bones about the fact that she's done with acting. She lives in North Carolina and works as a children's pastor. She's not coming back to acting. Even my dog knows that, peeps.

Move on; Marcy has!

Archived