Y&R: Chancellor Estate

• Members

So I noticed this lately, when they show the Chancellor Estate they have been shooting it from angels they usually do not. For example on today's episode, you see the front of the room, but not the walls with the windows directly across from the doors into the living room. Like we usually see.

I've also noticed they have done the same with the foyer a few times. I know this isn't breaking news or really that important, but I thought it was cool. They are still shooting it as a 3 walled set, but are alternating their shooting angels. I've never noticed this on Y&R before, but if it is something they are experimenting with and are going to do it with all their sets, I think it's pretty neat.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is neat. Way back in the early days of naturalistic theatre, theatre companies were known to rehearse on a movable four walled set alternating which fourth wall would come down from performance to performance. I think that's the kind of intimacy GL was trying for. Of course Y&R has a bigger budget and Mr. Rauch so the overall affect is a little more grand.

Archived