Days-Brenda Benet

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brenda never got an Emmy, as far as I know. She may have if she hadn't taken her own life while she was still on the show.

Susan Hayes wrote in her autobiography that she had a very bitter feud with Brenda during their time together on DAYS, that she was jealous of Brenda sharing screentime with Doug. I think she also said they'd made up before Brenda's death.

• Members

Brenda Benet never got an Emmy or any other awards that I know of or reported at IMDb.

She was terrific. Her best work to me was in the latter part of her tenure when Stefano came on the scene. She was so tormented by Renee finding out he was her father.

Or course at this time Brenda was going through her emotional crisis in real time - that led to her killing herself.

I felt she had great chemistry with Susan and Bill, but the rumors at the time were that Susan and Brenda did not get along at all. I think out of respect for Brenda that kind of got buried through the years but mags back then reported the troubles.

I felt Days did a classy thing in just letting Lee disappear, but I sure wanted to see the Stefano and Lee story play out. They had such great chemistry with one another.

• Members

Lee quietly left town,leaving a letter for Renee that revealed her true paternity.After that,Lee was hardly mentioned,and there was no effort to locate her.

Bill Hayes wrote a touching tribute to brenda in SOD.I'll see if I can locate the issue and post some quotes.

• Members

Bill Bixby was said to had a hard time with the suicide. Out of respect Days chose to never have Lee die on the show. So her death and basically her disappearance were just never dealt with. Her character was just retired.

I think it is neat to a certain degree that no one has ever chosen to go back on that even after all these years.

• Members

The fact that Brenda killed herself after acting out a storyline which miirored her own real-life tragedy reminds me of another similar happening. Ben Hendrickson played Hal Munson on ATWT. His mother and brother's deaths were said to have taken a toll on him. He had to act out a heartbreaking scene on ATWT where his character (Hal Munson) says good-bye to his dying daughter. Shortly after this scene, he killed himself.

Archived