OLTL: Marty's Amnesia

• Members

Is she EVER going to get her memories back? Its almost going to be a year soon. Its beyond ridiculous. She doesnt even have flashes of her old life adn its not like they are dropping hints of wrapping this up. Are we supposed to just accept this new Marty indefinetly? Anyone hear anything in regards to her remembering?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From a recent interview:

Would you like to see [Marty] get her memory back?

SH: I don’t know if that’s necessary. It’s almost set now, and she keeps getting these flashbacks. I think that’s probably more interesting than just, boom, knowing everything. It’s more fun if it’s hard to figure out.

• Members

she had baby flashbacks of him before so its not really progress. Im talking about stuff that happened when she was on OLTL before. Flashbacks with the other characters. Viki, Blair, etc... WTF isnt she in therapy trying to get psychiatric help with her mental issue? Why isnt she seeing any doctors to help with the trauma she suffered from the accident. NOTHING is being done to actually fix her. That bothers me more than anything

• Members

Marty is lookin rufff with that blonde blown straight hair. She's not selling crazy, she's giving it away. She's always been a woman on the edge, but I don't see her getting better day by day, I see her working up to another meltdown first.

• Members

My complaint with Marty is whether she has amnesia or goes back to what she was, she's probably going to still be as out of place as she is now. Why do they keep her around John? Blair, Tea, and Marty are all being dragged down by the slugs John and Todd.

• Members

It took Nora several years to regain her whole memory. OLTL handled that much worse at the time than they have Marty's amnesia now, actually.

I don't expect her to be an amnesiac forever, and I wouldn't want her to be.

• Members

It's not like a character having never regained his/her memories has never happened in daytime. It's happened on GH, and Douglas Marland planned to do the same thing with Holden Snyder on ATWT.

I like it, it feels more realistic that a character, while they might have the occasional flashes, wont' regain their entire memory back, oh say like on DAYS when they had John regain all of his in a mere second. For me, it serves as a interesting way to re-estabish past relationships and a new start and take on the character.

Though I gotta say that OLTL is doing the above in the most disappointing of ways.

• Members

The only thing Nora didnt rememebr was the 3 months in which she was "dead" and held captive by Lindsay and Troy. She remembered everything else about her life and all the important details that made her who she was. Marty remembers absolutely nothing. She's had 2 flashes, one of Cole as a baby and bits of her rape. Nothing significant for her to connect to

Archived