Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that one is probably one of the best in the history of the genre....

It just had so much intensity.

Kay and Jill had one on the floor in the courthouse did they not? That one was a gem too. Y&R always did do cat fights better than any other soap IMO. I relish the opportunity to see one.

It was rather one sided, but remember Dru and Carmen in the Newman breakroom? Dru had that bitch in a headlock :lol:

• Members

I think Y&R has always had the best catfights too!

My Top 8....

8: Dru vs Carmen in the Newman breakroom

7: Kay vs Jill in the Chancellor dining room with the wedding cake

6: Tracey vs Lauren in the hospital waiting room

5: Kay vs Jill in the Chancellor attic

4: Lauren vs Sheila in the lab

3: Diane vs Nikki at Gina's

2: Diane vs Nikki vs Ashley in the Jabot boardroom

1: Kay vs Jill at the courthouse (this one takes the top spot because Kay actually PUNCHED Jill, then when a man tried to stop them, either Kay or Jill kicked him off them so hard that he fell against the wall, shattering a glass fronted picture of President Kennedy, thereby falling unconscious).

• Members

I was referring to not having had a Jill/Kay catfight since 2002 :D.... But Good to see that many still remember all those wonderful catfights! The only one I can't remember is the courthouse one... and I think that's the only one not on YouTube....

• Members

Well, I wanted Gloria to go to B&B and become the next Sally Spectra. She could do that well...that combination of fashion sense (but over the top), larcenous and deceptive. She'd do terrifically as the campy villainess on a fashion soap.

• Members

Amen to THAT. Darlene Conley was one of a kind, God rest her soul. I would KILL to see some Y&R eppies form 1978 when Rose Deville was holding Chris Brooks and that prostitute hostage in her basement. Rose was so diabolical. I still think Bradley Bell REALLY missed a goldmine when he didn't leave Sally Spectra's past murky... I think "Sally Spectra" being an assumed name, and her REALLY being Rose Deville could have made for one EXPLOSIVE crossover SL... but alas, the poor twit didn't have the foresight.

• Members

Oooooh! Someone who remembers "Second Hand Rose" and "La Plus Belle Rose".

That prostitute, I'm 90% sure, was called "Sharon". And the same actress later showed up on the show as a hooker friend of Cindy Lake's (Paul's hooker girlfriend, when he was in deep cover trying to bring down the mob). The actress who played the hostage with Chris, and later Cindy Lake's friend, had been used to somehow set up Carl Williams. ETA: When she was a hooker in the Carl Williams case, her character name was "Pam". I seem to recall Pam was murdered...I know Cindy died tragically in that story.

I am so digging having another 70s-era relic here :) .

With those Brock pics, you have proven you're a bona fide fan :) .

Rose actually had three stints on the show:

1. "White slavery", as it was called back then, run out of an antique shop ("Second Hand Rose")...kidnapped Chris Brooks.

2. Prostitution ring, set up as a fake modeling agency. "La Plus Belle Rose". Nikki got ensnared. Stupid b*tch was married to Greg, but bored...wanted to be a model. Got set up on a New Years Eve date with Walter Addison...and was horrified to realize she'd been hired as a HOOKER! Addison chased her around the room, and had a heartache. Nikki called Rose and henchman Vince, and they dragged the corpse to the alley. Alas, runaway Tony Baker (?) saw the corpse and tried to take his wallet...cops came...he got arrested for murder or aggravated assault causing death or whatever.

In all the ironies, Tony's lawyer was legal aid lawyer Greg...Nikki's husband...and it all came tumblin' down when Greg FINALLY put the pieces together. (I remember the reveal involved a fax machine...Greg got a faxed picture of the hooker who'd been with Walter...I'd never seen or heard of a fax before).

After Nikki's marriage fell apart, she fell into the New World Cult...to which she later recruited Paul.

These stories are among my ALL TIME FAVORITES. After Nikki left the New World, she eventually started to work at the Bayou as a stripper, but in the early stages of that she was stalked by psycho Edward. Oh, I loved those days.

3. Rose returned, most famously, with a new line of work (baby stealer and seller)....she operated that home for wayward girls, and stole Nina's first baby out from under her.

Oh, I would get overjoyed every time Rose returned. She never wore out her welcome for me (like Sheila has for most, since then). I was delighted when Conley turned up on B&B.

Archived