Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show was terrific on Friday. Jess and Jeanne were just wonderful. I so wanted to shake Jill and have her accept Katherine as her mother, but Jill is Jill and in those few scenes the rivalry was back. Some of Jill's lines were brutal (in a good way) and Jeanne looked marvelous.

I even liked the Nick, Phyllis, Sharon story for once. Phyllis being dragged out of Sharon's room and the argument between Nick and Phyllis was perfect. Phyllis is just as nuts as Sharon in her own way. I think she is the one obsessed with Sharon. I just want Phyllis to dump Nick and move on, but they will probably make up in their usual way with sex and this story will go round and round.

I do have a pet peeve. I liked Billy and Mac, round 1, but I don't get why they need her back now. They should have waited for her return. Billy is mixing it up with Sharon and Chloe, in a rivalry with Cane, betraying Jack, butting heads with his mother so why do we need another love interest at this time? Amber is like a granddaughter figure to Kay, and she is now returning to her home and in a rivalry with Jill. Brock proves she is Katherine, so again why is Mac needed? If the show is having financial difficulty, causing them to backburn/write off vets for a month at a time and asking great actors to take pay cuts, why bring on yet another actress, even if she would come pretty cheap. I just don't get the need for Mac now.

• Members

Actually, I agree witht his point. They need to pare down DESPERATELY right now, and ditch all the dead weight. I would personally put a temporary moratorium on all new hires till they "clean out the thicket" a little. (And yes, Tyra, Anna, Eden, I'm lookin' at you).

• Members

I'm sure Mac wouldn't have been brought back if they didn't have a clear plan for her. However, I do agree that they should be trying to get rid of some of the dead weight in the cast. Maybe they're waiting for some contract cycles to expire or some contracts to come to an end altogether. I do think we'll be getting some cast cleaning soon.

• Members

I am sure they have a plan for her, but my point was that Kay and Billy who will be most effected by Mac's return have pretty full plates, so I just don't think she needed to be brought on now. Eventually yes, but not now.

• Members

I think that's exactly why they introduced her now before they do clean up house. Otherwise, we'd feel like any additions were simply done to replace the departing actors. And even though it's usually the case, it'd be harder for the audience to warm up to the newbies.

• Members

I agree about Mac's return.

I think the timing is right.Hopefully,Mac will be eased into the story and start to reconnect with characters she knew in the past as well as forging new relationships.

MAB has so far brought back Ashley,Billy,Doris,Olivia etc.

This is good storytelling,in my opinion-using the history of the show to move things forward.

How many times have we seen new writers come on and introduce a raft of new characters,while ignoring characters from the past,who could provide continuity and good story?

Shows like ATWT seem so fragmented because important characters are missing and vets are ignored.

Hopefully Matt Miller,Keemo and Scotty Grainger are on MAB's list of returnees.

Archived