Y&R: Week of March 30, 2009

• Members

It's interesting because I see Phyllis completely different, I see her as his "Nikki" with a terrific twist. :) And Sharon has become Nick's Ashley. The fire, passion, intensity and raw anger when needed between Nick and Phyllis is what we have always had with Victor and Nikki even when they are apart. That has what has always drawn me to Victor and Nikki not the fact that they broke up a gazillion times and got back together. It's interesting the choices now that I think about it, the characters who were selected to have the big romances (**yawns**) in Paris.

Who knows, this s/l might be a case of finally making Nick grow up and become that better man that he told Phyllis he liked because of her but instead of saying because of her...he will like himself because of himself. It is high time that the character of Nick Newman move into the next generation with his OWN FAMILY whoever that may turn out to be with.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree it's sad but at the same time it's kinda pathetic. I do think that it's a way for viewers to sympathize with the character and try and make us forget what she did when she was first introduced to us.

Why couldn't the DNA results have waited until AFTER the ceremony? I know, it wouldn't have been as soapy good had they waited. Plus, why couldn't the remainder of who was left in the ceremony hear what was going on in the room across the hall? The Chancellor Mansion must have some sound proof walls.

• Members

OH MY GOD.

Janice Ferri Esser wrote the script of the year!

Jess Walton was a tour de force, April 2 was her greatest episode since 1998's Jill Crashes Katherine's Party. She took Jill from A to Z emotion wise...she was triumphant, sad, depressed, overjoyed, relieved, hurt, crushed and then furious into fabulous bitch mode. I bow before thee Jess, she knocked it outta the stratosphere!

Kay is a tough bitch, "Forgive me Chloe" indeed!

Drunk, desperate Sharon is wonderful. Girlfriend is a train wreck.

You go Phyllis! She called it out to the floor!

Nick is a [!@#$%^&*]! He is flat out despicable!

Billy and Chloe are a disaster I can't wait to watch! Both are screwed up...but charmingly so! Welcome home Mackenzie!

• Members

An ironic/oxymoronic quote today

Phyllis- "she has no morals". It is so much justice to me how different she is than the woman she hates but yet and still how much alike they really are.

M.S. was off the chain today. JM and SC tender chemistry rocks. Woman of the month even if it just started has to be JW. She is a force!!!!

Lol and Billy's facial expression @ Chloe's poetry I like the character, but she is one of the most pathetic right now

• Members

Let me mention again, I love that they experimented with the camera angles in the Chancellor mansion, it made everything look so realistic, yet so Y&R and elegant. I have to wonder if it was a Rauch suggestion, since Y&R's never shot the Chancellor mansion from that angle EVER.

Funny what difference better writing and stronger producing can make with Michelle Stafford's acting. I'm so glad she doesn't appear to phone anything in anymore.

Archived