Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Members

I expected cuts... BUT, I also expected Diamont's firing to take the pressure off their budgets... jsut how much of their budget do they have to cut? 60 percent? My FIRST firing would ahve been Judith Chapman.... you would have had a BIG satisfying payoff to ahve snet Gloris to JAIL, and you could have ditched Ted Shackelford at the same time. I know Barbara Bloom likes him... but I'd just tell the bitch, "This show is NOT produced by the Barbara Bloom serial company!" "If you want to hire and fire, then be a PRODUCER!"

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I said “I think Hogan is the one with the more creative ideas than MAB” I meant that I feel he spices things up a bit more. That did not imply anything else about MAB’s abilities. I did not defame her in any negative way other than I stated my opinion. If anyone got the impression I saying she is a bad writer or a hack, that didn’t come from me nor will anyone find that in my posts about Y&R. By stating my opinion, I am not trying to skew anyone's view about MAB or HS.

As for my other comments in regard to MAB, I don’t think any were hateful. I believe I did say I didn’t know much about her. I also added that I feel that we don’t have a lot of info as to what is going on with this situation and with what I heard about Jill and MAB being cool outside of Y&R, with MAB being Bill Bell Jr.’s wife, co-head writer and co-executive producer, I said I feel things like that can cause a conflict of interest. That is my opinion. Nothing in that implies any MAB hatred.

• Members

I know, but I felt like I should just point out what I said more clearly. If something I write is going to be quoted along with comments to follow that hatred is being aimed toward a specific head writer, and what I said bares no hatred, I just feel that should be made clear. I totally have no problems with others opinions and thoughts and I welcome them objectively, but I don't even see how what I wrote can be compared to MAB hate.

OMG you guys are way too funny with this! I'm pissing myself reading these.

• Members

Y&RWorldTurner...you're right about the writers, they're paid by BDSC...but the actors are paid by Sony or at least Jess Walton is. When Jess donated to Barack Obama she listed Sony as her employer on the tax form. I don't think Jess is out to commit election fraud so I think Sony is the one who handles the 'talent' contracts.

Indeed, MTS DID quit for a few weeks in 2001, they wrote Nikki out FAST with her leaving this pathetic note for Victor, she was back 2 weeks later. Joshua Morrow got killed in a plane crash, came back 2 weeks later.

I hope Jess stands her ground. Her guarantee is important for her future storyline on the show. I hope the Bells and the cast stand up for her too.

Archived