Y&R: Jill To Be Temporarily Recast

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Contract issues are always going to come up. I don't think the current regime has anything against Jess, as she's received the most airtime she's gotten in years.

With the production companies and networks making huge cuts, is anyone really surprised that some contracts would have to be renegotiated?

• Members

That's the same thing I said a few pages back. We all knew LAST YEAR that in 2009, there would be a lot of these cases coming up at ALL the soaps. I'm really not sure where the rage is coming from. We all were given plenty of time to prepare for the fact that just like any other industry, cuts would have to be made right now - and people could either agree, or leave. This isn't specific to Y&R, the Bells, the soap industry, or television in general. This is the world we live in now.

• Members

I'm not at all. I think we will see a lot more of it.

The last few months is the best I have enjoyed Jill in years. To me ever since Jill was make Kay's daughter, Jill has not been that great of a character at all. Jess has always delivered on what she was given, but Jill just never seemed important at all.

• Members

Well, Lucci (and Knight and MacDonnell) recently re-signed with a huge paycut, so she's safe for however long her contract is for. The pay/guarantee cut has been very noticeable with Ray MacDonnell. He appeared fairly regularly last year (and I think was even in the top 5 one month), but he's been on only 3 times this year. That must have been some bare minimum contract he signed. I'm worried about Walt Willey. Rumors are already swirling about the little-used Slezak. It seems like Leslie Charleson escaped being forced to recurring by the skin of her teeth. She probably has a contract similar to MacDonnell's. ATWT is top heavy with contract vets, but we hardly see any of them. People like Scott Holmes, Fulton, Hastings and Hays must have doozies of bare-bones contracts. Any high-paying actor who's been on their show for any length of time is in danger of taking forced paycuts and drastic reductions on their guarantees. I guess we all thought actors on the Bell shows were immune from all of this. Don Diamont's firing and now this thing with Jess has been a rude awakening.

• Members

Agreed. And you're right about Lucci already taking the cut. I just used those names as examples pulled out of my ass. Just saying that we've been given plenty of notice to be ready - because any one of our favorites could go at a moment's notice.

Archived