Cover SOD: Major Y&R Spoiler

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just read that first article...and I am BEYOND happy! Jill and Kay fighting again! Jess and Jeanne shine with that stuff and now that it has this added layer of subtext...oh, this is gonna be some good stuff. I can't wait.

Cane is a frickin' weirdo. Really, he expects Billy to give up his CHILD for a JOB? Good lord, what a waste of a character. Hated him from the start and am glad to see him being portrayed as nothing but an idiot.

• Members

The mistake was to make Jill and Kay mother and daughter to begin with. I'm probably the only one who's kind of disappointed that they've now decided to undo all that has been done. I kind of liked them being the Chancellor family and it was no longer just about Jill and Kay. Jill's sons Cane and Billy were Kay's grandsons which I grew to like, and now they're not her biological grandsons anymore. Billy's daughter Delia would've been Kay's great-grandaughter. Jill and Kay spewing venom all of a sudden, after all the love and bonding they'd developed for each other, seems a tad bit implausible at this point. And does this now mean that sweet, kind-hearted Elizabeth just flat-out lied about Jill being Kay's daughter?

• Members

My suspicion is that this is being used as a cheap plot device to re-ignite the Billy/Mac relationship ("Look! We're no longer related, so we can hook up again") and that there will be no real, substantial reverberations for the Kay/Jill relationship. I guess it would be appropriate, since the "Kay is Jill's mother" reveal was an obvious plot device to add conflict to Billy/Mac. I do hope MAB at least plays all the beats of this revelation.

• Members

Juding by the spoilers we have for upcomming weeks, it is very Katherine and Jill heavy. Mac's return seems like an initial supporting storyline, and Billy obviously has his hands full with Chole and Delia at the moment, but Mac will interact with him.

Jill and Katherine should have never been related in the first place. Over 30 years of hating one another, just to be later found to be mother and daughter? Stupid, stupid, stupid. I'm glad that's over.

Archived