AMC: Monday, March 23, 2009

• Members

OK, love the use of history in this episode. Loved how Erica brought up Jesse and Angie's history regarding Les Baxter. What a treat! I laughed when Erica started out by saying, "I once knew a pair of teenagers...." But Erica, aren't you as "young" as Jesse and Angie now? LOL!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Truer words have never been spoken.

LMAO. But I love the credits! It's more just the "Hey, we're still pimping Babe and Greenlee long after they're gone because they're so f*ing great" that pisses me off.

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right. :( I'm still holding out hope though, lol.

• Members

Well, we're at the end of Pratt's first six full months... and I have to say, the engine's stalled. I really do think something weird happened during that wacky two week January period where everything seemed so... disjointed and wonky. The only thing "riveting" after that weird January period was the week of My Big Fat Lesbian Wedding... and then crap got stuck in neutral.

• Members

Yeah, I have to admit that it feels off still. I didn't post on here at all last week, initially because I didn't watch Monday's ep until Tuesday night and then I had nothing really to say about any of last week's episodes that hadn't already been said.

It definitely feels like everything has stalled. At first, several new storylines were showing promise: Jesse/Angie/Rebecca, Taylor/Brot, David's revenge, Annie/Aidan and even Reese/Bianca. Unfortunately, David's storyline has no nuance with the whole town fighting him and the other stories all ended or became back-burner material.

There are still bright spots for me. I like how David has stirred up the Chandlers, especially how JR has stopped mourning Babe and hasn't mentioned her name in a while. Ditto for Krystal, although I hate how she's become David's victim when she could have been his equal! I am intrigued by Amanda's plan to give her baby up so I hope it goes through and becomes a long-term story where David doesn't know for years that he has another child out there. Taylor & Brot still have unused potential. I'm torn about her involvement with Tad, though, because it's inevitably going to water her down and I like her as a strong woman, but at least Beth Ehlers has chemistry with both JR Martinez & Michael Knight. I think getting Ricky Paul Golden out of her orbit was a smart move. Erica's return this week reenergized the show for me so hopefully she'll be on more frequently. I'm a longtime Jack & Erica fan and I always look forward to their scenes. I would love for Erica & Adam to take over Fusion from Kendall & Ryan, but I know that won't happen. As far as Kendall goes, I find both her and Ryan more tolerable with each other than with anyone else. Again, it's the chemistry that makes it work for me. Their sizzling scenes last week reminded me why I used to love them together, but deep down I wouldn't mind if both characters were written out. They've run their course, imo, as has Zach. It sucks that these three are on so often!

I thought Michelle Patrick's script made this a better than average episode, at least. The Erica/Krystal dialogue was priceless and I really liked how Angie compared Frankie/Randi to Cab Calloway and Lena Horne instead of Fred & Ginger; it seemed to me like the kind of realistic touch only an black writer would add.

• Members

I despise David but that's how they should have been written. Not KWAK as a Zombie. I liked her better with Adam.

Considering what he and his family did to Bianca's, I think that's fitting. Let him think that his baby died and know how it feels when you find out she hasn't and has been in front of your face the entire time.

IA. I'm loving Jake right now.

I'm a big Jerica fan too :wub: and I would like to see Jack more too.

That would be funny. I love E/A as allies/enemy's. That's what makes them entertaining.

• Members

Yes. Ryan, in his complete and total -- yet not surprising -- selfishness, came over to the Slater's house and shoved his tongue down Kendall's throat as Zach was coming downstairs. Then, Zach pretty much assumed they've already slept together and Kendall didn't lie.

Archived