B&B: Week of March 16

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Linda Gray wasn't wrecked, Priscilla Kelly was a perfectly OK secondary recurring character. Her problem was that she was attached to Sydney Penny, woefully miscast as Samantha. Lorenzo Lamas is a bad actor, Hector was a VERY ill conceived character, case closed on *that* one. Patrick Duffy is a nice guy who plays nice guys very well, he does a fine job as Stephen Logan...basically, if the actor is decent and the character isn't a total botch job, Brad handles 80s soap stars very well.

Okay, I'm really digging this idea...Joan Collins in a recurring role as a bitch magazine editor and Morgan Fairchild in a contract role as B&B's glam bitch supreme.

Email campaign anyone?

• Members

Joan Collins would cost too much for a recurring player, and given current economic conditions, Bradley wouldn't be wise to hire her. I just do not get La Collins' fabulousness, to me, she currently looks like an overgrown rodent with a glossy wig.

I can't imagine Morgan Fairchild costing too much, and she likes to work, so she's a great possibility.

• Members

The Morgan Fairchild campaign. I was just too slow to post. ;)

I think she'd take it in a heartbeat. When she was doing Fashion House she seemed very self aware. She knows that she's best associated with the bitch role and is happy to stay in that niche.

• Members

I think Joan Collins would charge no more thant $2,500 an episode as a recurring player. Joan LOVES to work and she did Footballer's Wives for a pittance (well okay, like $75,000, not pounds) simply because she wanted to do the show. La Collins is fabulous in a way that some get and some don't. That's totally fine. She's the perfect mix of LA luvvie and British battle axe. I am SO on board with a recurring gig for her. Literally, 20 episodes a year and Joan, Brad and Me would all be happy campers.

And for nearly 76, Joan is looking all sorts of fabulous (with minimal, if any actual plastic surgery, the keys for her are her makeup and her wig/hat!)

Morgan would go for no more than $175,000 a year. Not a penny more, she'd probably work for $100,000. She would be fantastic. Also, she and Joan are close friends and Joan is friends with Susan Flannery (from the mini series The Moneychangers)...

I'd just want Morgan to storm in, start up a rival fashion house that is a LEGIT competitor for the Forresters, slap Susan Flannery and Katherine Kelly Lang around...wear big hats...sleep with Thorne or Owen or BOTH and just generally be a total viper.

Joan could be her trusty sidekick who publicizes Morgan's company through her magazine while she trashes the Forresters!

• Members

WOW! I'd love to see Morgan Fairchild as either Beth Logan's man eating sister, and the aunt who favors Brooke and Bridget OR as Bill Spencer Jr's mother! Let her come back with some sort of bitch goddess anger about Steph's close relationship with Bill Spencer Sr. and anger than he never committed to her because of his feelings for Steph.

Steph needs a REAL rival, someone who doesn't cower in fear of her, or who doesn't forgive so easily.

• Members

Wasn't Cybill awesome?! Christine Baranski made that show! Morgan's recurring role as Cybill's nemesis Andrea was one of the highlights of the series, when Cybill and Maryann crashed her wedding...I and the rest of the medical students I hung out with rolled with laughter.

I'm serious about a Morgan Fairchild email campaign, she could be B&B's savior.

Archived