AMC: Friday, February 20, 2009

• Members

Oh January was awful and I think that is when the retooling came about. And after that is when it really went back to the same old same old of Ryan, Kendall and Zach and gang being on almost everyday again or everyday. The stories that are featured again revolve around them. And before that you didn't have that.

I know that on many boards they were really blasting about the show and the couples. And esp. with Kendall being missing. Also every SOD you had come out talked about how much they missed Zendall and Kendall in some letter. So they really have pushed her. And I think we are still going to see the Ryan/Zach/Kendall triangle a lot.

As far as Angie and Jesse, I can understand to a degree what you are talking about, but at the same time the show and the fans missed out on a lot by having them thrown together way too quick without ever dealing with things. I griped about it at Days too with Patch and Kayla.

It goes back to the new mentality of the forever in love idea that permeates soaps today. I think it would have been much better for Angie and Frankie to explored the angst in the family and the angst caused by the separation all these years. Instead all the family drama was whitewashed for the sake of reuniting the couple.

I loved those few days when Frankie was mad at Jesse and they had those wonderful scenes. And then it was all just whitewashed again.

I love Angie and Jesse and I just hate to see them go the way of the backburner. And my fear is that it is what will happen. I think if the Rebecca story had been written right, Angie and Jesse didn't have to break up but the issues would have been dealt with while helping Rebecca. But people were too afraid they would break up and didn't give it a chance.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gus had his day in Springfield, they've coped well without him.

I don't frequent most of the soap boards, only this one and a few others, but I don't know if fan backlash is the reason the story with Angie/Jesse/Rebecca stalled. Most of the fans who loved Angie and Jesse have either moved on from AMC or have become used to characters from that era, like Tad, undergoing major personality changes. I think fans could have accepted the story if they'd had a good basis and introduction. Instead the story was over before it started, I think because Pratt and Frons don't seem as interested in dramas which don't involve a cartoon villain, or some type of heavy sexual tension, or murder. There's also a very strong resistance in daytime now to stories which feature black characters in lead roles.

I thought the rumor was Melissa Claire Egan was on her way out until Pratt arrived. B&E completely trashed Annie and Aidan during their tenure. I think they'd both be gone now if B&E were still there.

• Members

Jesse and Angie need a SL that doesn't trash their characters. Can AMC writers come up with story like that? The other character who desperately needs frontburner status is Frankie -- and not as the Frankie-and-Randi combo. CS Jr, like his screen parents, is electric to watch.

And I like RPG on AMC more than I did on GL. I think it is thanks to his personal chemistry with MEK, DW and DM. If Rebecca Budig hadn't left, I would be shipping Jake & Greenlee in a big way.

Kendall seemed a lot more flippant in Friday's episode about Reese, etc. Which leads me to believe that she realises the kiss wasn't that big deal (ok, yes, it's a big deal but it wasn't like the sex she had with Aidan) and that she's torturing Zach and trying to make him grovel. Some couples like to play games like that, and Zendall are definitely that couple. Kendall is used to being Queen Bee, after all.

I still can't help but like Reese and think everybody, including Bianca, is currently being a sanctimonious bitch with her. Kendall and Bianca are definitely entitled to be deadly pissed off but not sharing custody of Gabrielle? C'mon Binks. If you can forgive your secret wet dream, Babe, for keeping Miranda from you, you can forgive Reese a drunken smooch.

Um, is Cameron Mathieson's TV presenting career not providing enough exposure and income? I am so over the Bug Eyes of Righteous Indignation. The way he ordered Jesse around on Friday -- I'm surprised Jesse didn't cuff him for wasting police business.

Archived