GH: The week of January 26th

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i <3 meds... lol

I am a LW fanboy, and thats because i love her. I fell for her at a fun in the sun event, and i fell in love with her at the 2007 daytime emmys afterparty. Shes just... a down ass chick. thats the only way i can discribe her. But... i like her as an actress, and i think she plays Carly EXACTLY how its written. And i know people ahve an issue with that, actors need to add subtext and whatnot, but really - how could anyone add humanity into Carly with what they write for her? Glenn Close and Maryl Streeps love child wouldnt even do that! lol.

Besides i love Sarah Brown for the same reason i love LW but think shes less than good as Claudia... so...

The Loder has been fantastic on B&B in recent months. Thats why.

Who woulda though that days teen set from 2000 - KL, NB, JKJ, KS, JC, and FF would all end up still on soaps? Nearly a decade later? Granted some have become powerhouse actors (JKJ) and some have excelled in the roles they are playing (KS and KL) and then there is NB, JC, and FF... but i cant judge JC topo harsh, he hasnt been given anything there for he hasnt been awful at GH, just pointless. lol.

• Members

Oh, I've heard nothing but good things about Laura Wright from fans who have met her, judging by Soap Zone. They say she is incredibly cool and friendly and goes above and beyond making fans feel welcome. I think it's because she's been a soap fan for a long time and can relate to where fans are coming from.

I see your point about Carly and the way she is written, but I also think the writing does play to some of LW's own acting choices, too. I get that after playing a propped-up goody-goody for years on GL, Wright wanted to try her hand at a propped-up b!tch. It is arguably a lot more fun to play! However, her take on Carly is a kick-ass, take-no-prisoners, blonde Superheroine and IMHO she has stripped out all the vulnerability and outsider-status of Carly's persona, making her come across as a bullying cheerleader. Again, I cannot fault her wanting to play somebody who polarizes the audience. I just wish we weren't treated to all this Carly What a wonderful mother whosheloveswithherwholeheart BS when LW is angling for something else.

Re: The 90s Days teen set. If Daytime has a future (which I really hope it does), Kyle Lowder, Kristen Storms and Jay Kenneth Johnson are a big part of it, IMO. Honestly, JKJ is such a good actor (I'd even go for great. Imagine if he were on Y&R playing opposite Billy Miller) and he really holds his own with everybody -- including John Aniston. And KL and KS have grown a lot outside of Days. They really had rubbish to play with back in the day, though, so I'm glad some of these guys are getting more meat to chew on.

• Members

Anybody hear used to watch South Park? And Chef's song "Oh, suck on my chocolate Toxic Balls. Put em in your mouth and suck em" ?

That's what I'm thinking everytime Sam and Jason and Patrick yap about those damn T.B.

• Members

I think there are many factors why some DAYS actors/actress do better on other soaps and I can come up with three reasons.

1. Bad writing

2. Lack of leadership

3. Low morale on the set

Days has suffer largely from lack of leadership from EP(s) who are not there (Corday) on the set or who don't have the best interest for the show; if the people in charge don't care about keeping the morale of the cast happy, Why should the cast care about putting out good performances on TV?

And, of course, lets not go into the long line of bad writing teams that also plays in affect with the way the actors act.

I also feel that some actors go on an ego trips when they're part of a popular storyline or couple because he or she thinks they are the top dog until their popularity wears down or they're fired or leave or they get boatload of bad storylines. Then, that's when reality starts kicking them in the ass or they stop caring about being a good actor. I notice this a lot with some DAYS actors when they exit the show, it seem like they go back to being normal again.

Sometimes, an actor needs to get away from madness that surrounded them on set of the soap they are working for after a strain of bad luck, and when they go to an another soap, they're more refresh and humble because they have to prove themselves to a whole new group of people.

• Members

^^ LOL, her nostril-flaring was going on while she was in her toxi-coma.

Ugh, go away SuperSam! I don't know why but it worked my last nerve when Patrick was telling Leyla's dayplayer fiancé that Leyla was dead and she swoops in like a member of the medical team to comfort Dayplayer. We get it, Frons. SuperSam is beautifulbravecaring and kind to strangers.

OK, I really like Olivia and LLC. It sort of crept up on me because I didn't at first. Now I wish they'd get rid of the womenhaters and just leave Olivia. And I'm glad she's not all gum-chewing and "o my gawd" like Lois was. I like that she's so no-nonsense and practical and has a sense of humor. And despite everything, looks out for her cousin.

I know I should be appreciating all the Important Issues being raised in this SL but I just have this urge to FF everytime I see Robin shaking over that baby's crib.

Lulu: Biotoxins? Emily? Let's talk about me. Johnny!Johnny!Johnny! blah blah we had a big fight blah blah like, OMG! blah blah and so I said, like, 'What about me?'

Yeah, I'm gunning for Johnny!Johnny!Johnny! and Maxie to start rutting like farm animals right about now.

• Members

All those and then some. To get off topic for a second, I know that when Ed Scott came on the actors talked about how much better things where and I think even Scott himself discussed how there was no leadership or direction for the actors. And there were rumors that Wyman was pretty rough when he did try to lead.

Archived