January 12-16, 2009

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC has gone to the well of death and murder so many times over the past few years, I'm not sure how many viewers will tune back in just for another murder.

I'd like to see GL go up, since the show has improved, but I'm not expecting an increase. If they don't decrease, I'll be pleased; even that may be too much to expect.

• Members

Y/R getting the desired demo with a story featuring an 80 year old.. I love it! ABC take note. Younger viewers don't want the Disney Youth Shows, they want good acting with good characters and they LIKE the older characters in a good story.

AMC is holding... not as bad as when B/E were there at the end, but not rising... a little bit up, a little bit down. A shame because the show is better. Not as strong as the first two or three months after Pratt took over .. it's slipped just a bit. But it's definitely better than it was.

I think AMC viewers want a little humor and a little more lightness to counter the dark stories.

• Members

For me AMC is much better than it was under B&E, but yeah the ratings are no better.

I think Pratt will be AMC's last headwriter, unless he gets a pilot he worked on picked up and has to leave. I can't see ABC making another change and thinking it will have any positive effect.

Honestly, and I never thought I'd say this, at this point I'd be willing to see what Megan McTavish could do for the show. Maybe give her a 6 month deal... nothing more than a year. Again, I'm not unhappy with Pratt but maybe McTavish could come in with a good story (she is usually decent for a few months) and actually do something for the numbers.

Archived