AMC: Wednesday, 1/7/08

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JR was best paired with Baker's Babe. I HATED him and Babe when Alexa was in the role but the pairing with Baker really made me like the couple and got me to like JR. As for him and Amanda? HOT! They are quickly turning into my new favorite couple

• Members

I felt the opposite way about Babe and JR. I thought he and Alexa's Babe had much more chemistry together while he and Baker were kinda boring together. But I do agree he and Amanda are hot together. I hope TPTB go for a real pairing with those two this time.

• Members

I agree. Baker made Babe a touch more mature than Alexa's BritneyLite Babe, and Jacob's JR had become mature as well. I bought JR and Baker's Babe more than I ever bought JR and Havins' Babe. Havins' Babe just seemed like a dumb little slut. Strike that. A dumb, smug slut. "Yes, I slept with man after man just because I could... but I'm still gonna judge you anyway, and get away with it because I'm... well... a cute whore!"

Baker actually made Babe an adult (the way Baker pleaded for everyone to save Little Adam over Babe during the tornado sold me). She, as I said, gave Babe a maturity that Havins never did and I saw JR rise to the challenge. He grew up while he was with Baker's Babe. He acted like a little p*ssy whipped fool when he was with Havins' Babe. While, as a whole, I never liked the Babe character, I tolerated her more under Baker than I ever did with Havins. But I believe Baker did what she set out to do -- not imitate Havins, but make Babe her own. I think that was very smart of her. But still, I'm glad Babe's dead. So there is no chance of Alexa Havins coming back on my screen -- ever. Don't give me that "nobody's ever really dead in soaps" crap. This time, that character is dead as hell! I swear! She has to be! DEAD DEAD DEAD!

• Members

That's largely Beth Ehlers. She has no business being here, nevermind the fact that when she and Taylor do mingle with those outside of Taylor's military circle, she falls flat. Ehlers isn't an AMC actress. That's why TPTB are trying to accomodate her by pairing her with RPG and JR Martinez. She has an established rhythm with RPG and can create something new with Martinez.

She could've been a butch lesbian lover for Bianca, but... :unsure:

• Members

:D OK, I laughed really hard...

I really like Beth Ehlers. I think the problem is that AMC has not made a really big attempt to integrate her elsewhere. She's had a one second scene with David (which was enjoyable), she bitched out Zach...a one second scene with Erica...and!?!? I do like her chemistry with Cornelius, MEK, RPG, and JM, but she needs to move outside that zone. I think she has the chops to pull it off, but AMC hasn't seemed really motivated to move her outside the comfort zone. JMO.

• Members

I really like Ehlers and Taylor because she's a contrast from the other women on the show and cares about "real" issues, not about anything that would be produced by Fusion, or snagging someone else's man. I liked her opposite Amanda because I felt they really brought out the differences in each other. Amanda is all about money, men, and looking pretty, essentially, whereas Taylor is about serving her country, competition, and living life on her terms. She doesn't define herself by a man she's with or how beautiful she is compared to this girl or the next girl like EVERYONE else on the canvas. And I think in many ways it's good to have that contrast, but the trouble that comes with it is integrating her into the canvas and showing WHY she fits in this town. I think now that they're breaking her away from having to go back to serve in the war, hopefully they will be able to ground her more in the canvas. I'm hoping they'll have her join the police force since that's the most local version of what she wanted to do with her life. She can interact with Jesse more, then struggle with trying to do things by the book more than she was used to doing in the trenches when everything operates at the extremes.

Archived