The "New" AMC - Part 1 and Part 2

• Members

I agree. Bianca's never ending parade of straight, confused and sexually ambigious love interests has gotten old. Unfortunately they look to be going there with Zach and Reese. Reese's behavior towards him lately has just not been what I associate with a platonic friend. Hopefully she won't turn out straight but I won't hold my breath. If she isn't at least bisexual then it really doesn't matter how often she kisses Bianca or if their raising kids cause they wouldn't be a true lesbian couple and the story really won't have near the same impact that it could.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In Part 2 of The New All My Children. veteran soap critic Marlena De Lacroix searches for and finds not one but three hearts of Pine Valley (including Myrtle, whose life was celebrated on today's episode).

And she wonders how long new headwriter Charles Pratt can keep up his good work and credibility being moored to that chauvinistic hellhole, ABC Daytime.

http://www.marlenadelacroix.com

• Members

Excellent conclusion to your article on Pratt's AMC. Sure there is still much work to be done, but the fact that Pratt is injecting some of the core values that Agnes built AMC on is a start. I especially love what he has done with Adam and Erica both as characters and as them together. Wonderful stuff. I love your analysis of Angie and yes I totally agree! She fits the role of show matriarch to a tee. I am very interested to see how he does swing the conclusion to the Gabby story. I mean, some will never be able to see the story in a positive light, but I am taking a wait and see approach. For the first time in a decade he as a writer has surprised me rather than disappointed me more than any of his predecessors. I am very excited for the new year!

• Members

I've said it before and I'll say it again as long as I believe it... I totally underestimated Pratt's abilities. When he was first announced as head writer, I could NOT picture any kind of good coming out of a Pratt-written AMC. So far, ever since day one, I've been eating my words. I've been entertained, moved, laughed, surprised... everything I look for. Also, as others have said, Pine Valley is back to being a community. People actually know each other. They interact and cross paths. The show has an ensemble feel to it. It's not the Alexa Havins show or the Cameron Mathison show. I know and rejoice in the fact that Havins is gone, but you know what I mean. McTavish picked one or two characters and focused years of story around them.

Stories actually intersect, and characters are actually involved in more than one story. I love how Angie not only is in the Rebecca story but also firmly planted in the hospital drama with David. Erica's involved with taking over Fusion as well as taking over Adam's mansion as well as hovering over Kendall and Bianca. Frankie's not just boning Randi, but he's also dealing with the Hubbard drama as well as the Iraq war storyline.

It's a blend. On any given day you won't see the same six characters whining about the same thing they've been whining about for the past week. Like life, they'll be dealing with one thing, but then place it on hold to deal with something else.

• Members

I agree. It's time. She's been there way too long and she's given us nothing. If I'm correct, she's the only EP that they've had who was not "homegrown" or who didn't have any sort of history with the showing prior to becoming executive producer. I think Lisa de Cazotte should be given the job or Francesca James.

Archived