Is an East Coast EP getting fired?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People will believe what they want to believe regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.

I've seen Tad & Dixie fans convinced that Cady McClain will be back if Carruthers is fired. Why? Because Carruthers is the only thing standing in the way of Cady returning, of course. Their proof of this? Absolutely nothing. But you can't convince them otherwise.

Julia Barr fans are confident that Brooke will be back if Carruthers leaves. Why? Because they want to believe it. Guess what? She won't be back.

The EP does not set the direction for the ABC soaps, so it does not matter what their vision is or if they even have one.

Have the people excited at the prospect of de Cazotte coming to AMC seen Passions? The acting (if you can call it that)? The sets? The directing? The music? Watch five minutes of that "Vendetta" story from the summer of 2006 and tell me that was a quality production.

No, the Josh story would never have happened under Behr or James. But Frons would never have had Behr or James as EP! Carruthers had the Josh story and pancake fiasco happpen under her, but what about all the offensive stuff that happened on Passions? That show had about a rape a month! (I don't attribute that to de Cazotte because that was James E. Reilly's show, just like AMC is Pratt and Frons' show, but if we're going to pretend that EPs have real power at shows where they don't then fair is fair).

• Members

Lisa is a very good producer, she does not get enough credit for NS 2 which was a total team effort. Passions was all Jim Reilly a 100%, Lisa's job was to execute, she did not have much say in storyline because it was Jim. Jim loved and adored Lisa and hated Ken Corday. Frons is very impressed by Lisa after NS 2 and wants to bring her on.

• Members

Quick question... am I mistaken in thinking I've "heard" it was JHC who got rid of the breakdown writing position, thereby making script writers write their own outlines... in order to cut costs?

Also, the tornado aside, AMC's budget has always been a curious thing to me. I remember after JHC was hired, I read a quote in an article online someplace (forgive me, it was five years ago, after all) that one of the things that excited her was the bigger budget compared to Port Charles. One of the first things she was going to "fix" (ha!) was the lighting. She didn't like the "yellowish" (exact quote, I totally remember that) light. Now the show looks like it's being lit by Fluorescents. Budget wise, 2008 alone has got to have been a wowzer. The new sets (the hospital, beach house, Cortlandt manor for Opal... a character who is RECURRING?!?), the numerous remotes, the CGI for Angie & Jesse's wedding, the CGI for the tornado... stunt casting: Rebecca Budig, David Rasche, Mario Van Peebles... Just my opinion, but I wouldn't doubt all of that added up to quite a pretty penny. :unsure:

Archived