Is an East Coast EP getting fired?

• Members

Daytime Confidential's sources haven't always been reputable, so I guess we have to take this with a grain of salt. They're making it sound as if Lisa de Cazotte will soon EP an East Coast soap, my guess is they're referring to ATWT, since EP's have very little power at ABC and GL is stuck with Wheeler until cancellation.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/12...cutive-producer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would ABC really change their EP's though? I thought all their EP's did was handle production matters and had very little say in story matter, at least since Frons came to ABCD. That's probably why Phelps, Carruthers, and Valentini have been employed for so long.

Then again, Lisa was just Reilly's executor on Passions and was likely the same thing for Rao at GH:NS

• Members

The key clue is "schizophrenic soap".

I do not believe it is the P&G shows, because new EPs cost money. (They want all kinds of guarantees in terms of how many actors they can bring, etc. etc.). P&G will stick with their two EPs until renewal decisions are made for both. If those renewal decisions come with further cuts, P&G will still stick with their EPs. If their EPs quit, P&G will replace them "from within", promoting lower ranked people.

Therefore, it is an ABC soap. This makes further sense since Hesser De Cazotte did her last stint on an ABC soap (GH:NS), and Frons saw how she worked wonders.

So, now, "schizophrenic". In its correct use it means "disorganized". In its (incorrect) popular use it means multiple personalities.

'Nuff said. Which show has the largest number of on-canvas "DID" (actual, and pretended-to-have) characters?

Archived