Is an East Coast EP getting fired?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm guessing that Goutman will take over GL (which is the reason Grant Alexander returned), Wheeler will remain as lead director of GL, and de Cazzotte will take over ATWT. That's more of a wish...I think ABC is keeing her in the family because they were so happy with Night Shift. In that case, she's going to AMC where they brought in powerhoue Pratt and wll match him with a hollywood producer. Valentini isn't going anywhere.

• Members

The funny thing is... like that's how I feel about my boss. Great guy. Compassionate. Understanding. Helped me out immensely, sometimes going beyond the call just to get me through a really difficult situation this time last year -- but sorry to say, his managerial skills cause more of a road block than anything.

• Members

I don't know if I would include Carlivati in that list just yet. Whatever your thoughts on his writing, it's not like he's a Frons puppet that was put in that position because he's "one of the boys". Hell, I'd almost see Higley in that category more than Carlivati - who came out of nowhere and got the head writer job at OLTL with nothing but six months of Days on her head-writing resume - merely because she and Frons were friends from his days at NBC.

Yeah, Carlivati's a man. But I don't see him in the same cigar-smokin', scotch-drinkin', boys' club scenario I see Frons, Guza and Pratt in. (I also agree on Valentini, especially with the reminder that he took Tomlin's job a few months after they won their first Emmy for Best Show) Say whatever you want about his writing, but Carlivati worked his way up, and I feel he earned that promotion in 2007.

• Members

I think its Carruthers.

Anyone remember how AMC recently(shortly before he joined Days) wanted Tomlin to come and replace her at ABC? Also supposedly to reward him for writing OLTL during the writer's strike???

It could be the same with Lisa, just rewarding her for doing such a good job at NS.

• Members

If this is a replacement at OLTL it better be someone with good taste visually. I am in no mood for OLTL to start looking cheap, brightly lit (like AMC) or gray and ugly like GH. ABC has some cheap ass looking soaps and this person better not mess with OLTL's solid production values.

That being said, I think it is ATWT or AMC.

• Members

It also ignores two strong women in charge of PRODUCTION (JHC and JFP). One should argue those women serve as counter-balance.

But it IS striking that, in a female oriented genre, EVERY creative leader on EVERY soap on ABC, and at the network, is a white male. That is strangely disturbing. No diversity at the top at ALL. (Should we make anything of the fact that 2/3 of the HW are also Italian? I'd love Tom Casiello to comment on that :) )

• Members

I have no interest in talking about the Tarty garbage anymore. But I will say that both AMC and OLTL have strong currents of misogyny to them. I don't watch GH but from what I've read about the mob stories, that show isn't exactly a star of storytelling in a post-Buffy world. As for Carlivati, yes he worked his way up, and he's been well rewarded by one of the biggest bigots in the genre regardless of what he smokes.

It's one of the things I find fundamentally wrong with ABCD and was one of the things that started driving me away from ABC and soaps in general years ago. We do agree on one thing, I don't consider JFP a good example of a woman in management. I barely consider her an example of human

• Members

Well we do know that Frons is obviously a moron and in all probability a total ass-ole.

Let's see-

Kathy Brier: "She is not an attractive woman."

Heather Tom- "We got her for CHEAP!"

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Wasn't Days always know as the show that was big on violence against women?

And I do agree that women are needed at the top in this genre specifically.

I would actually be thrilled to hear that Ron got a female headwriter. I think Sara Bibel would be BRILLIANT with him.

Archived