GL: Rumor - Multiple characters/actors to exit

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How the hell do you scale down from 4 people?

Is this show gonna end up with ONE writer? Half the episodes will be montages!

Oh...wait.

This show is an embarrassment to television and Guiding Light's place in it. They should really all be ashamed of what they've done.

• Members

Well Coop's been wasted ever since they decided to split Coop and Ashlee up.

That's the thing about DK, he doesn't know a good coupling if it smacked him the face.

John Driscoll is a talented good looking actor, hopefully he'll find a soap deserving of his talents soon.

• Members

It's better than any of the vets being axed, but this is still bad news. I'm much more interested in Coop, Rafe, and Daisy than the recast "bitter" Shayne. I'm fine with Grady leaving. Ashlee is not a core character and has no on-contract family so I'll miss her but I understand.

Still, I have faith in this regime, and I still like the show a lot. I hope the ratings go up despite these rumored changes. I would be absolutely devastated if this 72-year-old institution was cancelled. It would be in no sense a "mercy killing" for me.

• Members

I've got a spark of hope in Grant's return. The man has worked in front of and behind the camera as a director, and you know they would have had to crawl up his ass and leave roses there in order for him to return after what they did to him and his character. I wonder if Ellie came on bended knee (;) under the desk) to beg beg BEG him to come back I could see him putting his foot down and saying this show, which I was on for YEARS, and on which I played a legacy character is [!@#$%^&*]. you have decimated a daytime keystone and turned it into unrecognizable garbage. im really hoping he's consulting. I cant see him returning to the sinking ship unless maybe he had a vision to fix it, or was really desperate but like I said he's directed for ATWT if he has that much range in front and behind the camera he could get work probably...

• Members

Thrilled beyond belief that Rafe, Grady, and Daisy are out the door. If only they could take Marina, Mallet, and Natalia with them. With Philip's return, and Leah being aged again, I think it's time to age Philip and Beth's kid, James. The age timeline is screwed up already, so i don't think it matters much. PAir up Leah and James and you have built in conflict right away. Maybe age Maureen Reardon, and one of the Marler kids. There is so much talent still on this show and it's hartbreaking to think that it will be over soon.

Archived