The Politics Thread

• Members

I saw that. It's always the people who point the fingers at others that are the guilty party.

Remember when KellyAnne Conway and many other GOPers said what a disgrace it was to have a candidate for president under FBI investigation? Ironic now that is.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Devin Nunes went rogue today with a wild claim that he can prove the IC was surveilling Team Trump last year. He did not inform the rest of his committee (on either side) or the White House beforehand. He seems to be panicking due to his own known connections to various targets of the FBI investigation (and, it must be said, Nunes has a business interest tied to Russia himself). It is not playing well with the press.

Nunes has apparently leaked classified information to the press in order to try (and fail) to shield Trump.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Is Nunes trying to get people to demand that he recuse himself or something? I'm reading that apparently Nunes was on Trump's transition team?  I mean, if that's the case, that invalidates his entire spurious argument.

Smacks of desperation.

Maybe this may explain some of it?

• Members

This thread needs a bit of positivity. So, I offer this: Today, Joe Biden was at Capitol Hill to commemorate the 7th Anniversary of the ACA (how timely). Well, he soon made a friend - a golden retriever puppy also named Biden. Biden met his namesake, and the resulting pictures are adorable.

Biden's owner - a DC staffer - named the puppy after Joe because of the great respect she has for him. Remarkable if just for the fact she says this even as she identifies as Republican and does not necessarily agree with him politically. Respect despite ideological differences. Who knew?!

A link to the cuteness.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Come to think of it, wasn't there an article in the NY Daily News that the FBI had been investigating a Russian gambling ring that was operating inside of Trump Tower in 2013?

@Wendy That pup is adorable, by the way and his interaction with Joe Biden is very cute. In a way, it makes me even more wistful for Obama-Biden times, which seem like a much different, distant time. 

Those feel good times on Capitol Hill and in the White House now seem like a distant memory.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I thought Issa was a case but now here's Nunes reminding me that I can't shake my head enough over how the people in this state get elected. At least there's Adam Schiff. I am glad he at least is asking whether Nunes wants to be a Trump surrogate but I don't see how there avoid any kind of move to get him ousted. He started out trying to provide cover for Trump before they even decided to investigate.

The thing is he now put himself out there to say something that was already floated regarding information being collected as part of surveillance on a foreign national or multiple foreign nationals, which is a bad look for Trumpsters regardless of whether it was direct or indirect. The fact that Trump feels vindicated in any way shows how completely ignorant he is. Plus Nunes doesn't even know whether Trump Towers was involved which is a major part of the lie leveled by Trump.

Now all those people who scoffed at the idea of an independent investigation might buy a clue as to why some called for one.