The Politics Thread

• Members

^ I would say that when it comes to FBI operations most Americans wouldn't feel qualified to know when that is justified and when it isn't. It's not like we have the information to make that decision. Obviously children on a no fly list doesn't make sense and anyone can see that is wrong, but when it comes to adults how could individual Americans ever know what that is justified and when it isn't? A registry is much more clearly wrong and worrisome.

Also this article is arguing that a registry would be constitutional. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/donald-trump-muslim-registry-constitution-231527

Edited by Juliajms

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What's disturbing is that we already has this in place under Bush and part of Obama's term and many of us didn't even know it.

I'm not crediting Trump by any means, but there has been so much surveillance of Americans going on already in collaboration with telecom companies and help from silicon valley that none of us are even aware of.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Mitt may feel called to serve - as I know a number of sane, competent national security hands allegedly do despite their distaste, to prevent utter disaster and incompetence in a Trump-led government. If it happens he'd be far preferable to many other proposed names.