Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He was also a proxy of the Palins, who had been feuding with Murkowski for most of the '00s. 

Given the fealty to Trump and the increasingly insane far right who dominate the GOP, I am not really sure what will happen, but at this point Murkowski toes the party line when it counts anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.  

• Members

Heartbreaking. 

The New York mayor's primary seems to be becoming even more of a dumpster fire in its last days. Andrew Yang and Kathryn Garcia, likely knowing the polls showing a strong likelihood of Eric Adams winning are accurate, teamed up today asking their supporters (in Garcia's case it was more of a wink-wink) to rank both of them one and two. 

This has gotten some vocal backlash, including:

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Champ had a long life and was clearly feeling his age - I've seen that kind of slow walk and hip issues before in dogs I've had or lived with, and I knew he'd pass 'in office'. I'm glad he got to spend some of his last months in a lovely new home.

The NYC race seems to absolutely fascinate (in either a passionate or morbid way, or both) some friends and acquaintances (and NY journalists like Haberman who consider city politics the center of the universe, to be covered with far more fury than Trump's Washington) but as a once and perhaps future New Yorker I just can't be bothered. I hope Wiley can take it, but at least I doubt it will ever be Yang. And after BDB, oof.

• Members

I read that de Blasio supposedly is for Adams, on the sly, but then that may just be gossip spread by a rival campaign. 

Did anyone have any idea de Blasio would be what he turned out to be...or were people just so fired up over Christine Quinn they ignored his flaws?

• Members

The Monmouth poll from a few days ago has mostly gotten notice for Biden's approval rating, or the clickbait of Republicans approving of Putin more than Biden. This is the number that worries me more (I know Ben Tribbett is an overly pessimistic source):

This is what McConnell, and the media that hates us all, is banking on - Democrats becoming increasingly demoralized and apathetic. 

I hope Congressional Democrats will realize how short time is (instead of doing like Dick Durbin and responding to other senators with these concerns by saying "get a life") and if there is any slim  chance Manchin and Sinema and those hiding behind them can be moved on anything, there is no time left.