Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They also liked how Trump sold himself as this mega-successful businessman (and "reality star") whose very name was emblazoned on everything from skyscrapers to ice cream.  Deep down, we Americans are suckers for the J.R. Ewing types.

• Members

Each woman who has accused Kavanaugh should file civil suits against him. It's a lot easier to get favorable rulings from civil suits. He should be tainted for the rest of his career even if he did make it to the court. He doesn't deserve one ounce of respect.

• Members

IA.  I think that upsets me more than the fact that Kav will be confirmed.  Across the globe, women are witnessing what's happening, and they're taking it as a sign that, if you are a victim of sexual violence, don't bother coming forward, because no one will believe you.

Absolutely, ICAM. 

Edited by Khan

• Members

Americans also claim to love pulled-up-from-bootstraps narratives and with Trump's father giving him the equivalent of $14 million (in today's dollars) to start out in life, his is certainly no such narrative. 

Also, when Hillary first ran, America claimed to dislike dynasties but the Trumps are nothing, if not a contemporary version of a dynasty.  A dynasty built on grifting and constant tax evasion but a dynasty nonetheless.  Or does that criticism only hold for Democratic candidates?

That's probably the best way for these women to get some type of measure of justice.

I also think that the Democrats, should they get a majority somehow, should pursue a full investigation with an eye toward impeachment proceedings. A Supreme court justice can be impeached.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Good point. People do idolize the rich in this country, which is unfortunate to say the least.  If anything we need fewer wealthy white men in office, but I have a feeling we'll be getting a lot more of them over the next couple of years. At least in terms of the positions 45 has control over.

That's how I've always felt about Clarence Thomas as well.  They are two of a kind in my book. 

And young men are taking it as further confirmation that you can do whatever you want to women and still rise to the highest positions in the land.  It's really disturbing, but that's our reality.

• Members

Deep down I feared that Kavanaugh would be confirmed, yet I held out hope that somehow justice would prevail.....  

I hate to think about the message this sends to women (and men) who have been sexually abused, and to men (and women) who have sexually abused.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Excuse me, "a lot of work"?  Does that man have any idea how much work your average woman DOES every day?  Not just in business, but (for many) as wife and mother?

Of course he doesn't.  He doesn't have any idea, because he has a penis; and those with penises think only with their penises.

Go home, Chuck.  You're out of touch.