The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't doubt that Mitt Romney and his family feel superior to the Obamas but I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about the Bush family as well. Mitt Romney and his wife just seem to exhibit a great level of disdain which is probably directed towards anyone who they don't see as being at their level.

That said, certain segments of the media need to learn how to deal better with these types of "uncomfortable" situations and not apply these double standards. Tagg Romney and/or his brother(s) can claim after the fact that he was joking but that's not good enough. He should acknowledge that it was inappropriate and apologize. And the people letting him off the hook need to ask themselves whether they would think it was cute or funny if either of Barack Obama's expressed the same sentiment.

The Romneys are surely motivating Democrats who probably weren't going to bother voting to change their minds and vote for Barack Obama and they may also convince some Independents who won't like their display of ugly condescending characteristics. We seem to be so many miles away from Ann Romney playing on the stupidity of the media with her fake outrage over Hilary Rosen pointing out that she's not a 9-5 job working mother.

I am just going to go on wondering why it is that the Republicans cannot get it together and run better candidates for President.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

"Rockingham County Sheriff Bryan Hutcheson’s office said there was no indication that the activity was widespread in their jurisdiction and said the conduct “appears to be limited in nature.”

If we use Republican thought processes that means that this one incident of voter fraud is only hiding millions of other cases, right?

• Members

This is annoying. Richard Carmona, who is running against Jim DeMint stooge and true believer Jeff Flake in Arizona, has already been accused of sexism. He denies these charges. So he decides to throw all that out the window by "joking" that their male debate moderator is prettier than Candy Crowley.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2012/10/carmona-apologizes-for-calling-male-debate-moderator-138985.html

• Members

I was curious if anybody else wanted to rank the swing states in order of most to least favorable for Romney. Here are my rankings:

1. NC (the only swing state I feel very good about)

2. FL

3. CO

4. VA

5. NH

6. WI

7. IA

8. OH

9. NV

• Members

As someone who's lived in Michigan my entire life, it irritates the [!@#$%^&*] out of me every time Mitt says he's a "son of Detroit" and that his dad ran a car company. Just cause you were born in Detroit Mitt, doesn't make you a son of Detroit. You've spent nearly you're entire adult life everywhere BUT Michigan. Many Michiganders fondly remember your father Mitt, but you haven't done [!@#$%^&*] for Michigan, so stop saying you're one of us, you're not.

Edited by wingwalker