Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Republicans are making fun of Candy's weight so I guess that means Romney lost tonight.

Nobody has mentioned Mitt's most awkward moment that he's got "ladies full of binders."

Supposedly he was practicing how to sit on a bar stool because Mormons don't drink and he'd never done it before.

• Members

So I guess the line of attack about Barack Obama being a coward because Hilary Clinton took responsibility for the attack in Libya is now put to rest. That "coward" said it rested on him. I'm guessing that admission must burn a little....or a lot.

Mitt Romney is a piece of work....labeling China a currency manipulator is supposed to fix what now? They need to splash a big ad all over the place about how those Sensata employees lost their jobs to Chinese workers who earn a whopping 90 cents/hour contributing to Mitt Romney's $8 million in investment in Bain. I could have sworn he was standing there lying again and he's got offshore accounts. People are so gullible.

Uhm no, he's not the lesser of two evils...not even next to Paul Ryan. Whatever God they worship must be pretty mean, callous, money hungry and extremely discriminatory.

This country needs a viable third party.

• Members

I was unsure what to make of Romney's "binders full of women" comment, but it is telling that after all his years of running Bain that he did not know any qualified women to join the Massachusetts government. He really must live in a world where almost everyone is a white male.

• Members

Single mothers are one of "the others," like minorities, and the poor. They're an easy target that Joe and Jane Sixpack can look down on. Even if they personally know a single mother, or were a single parent themselves, they might be likely to say, "I'm not like THOSE people." This type of garbage gets a very positive response from the average voter. That's why we still hear it so often.

• Members

Romney had a very slim chance before last night.

If anyone thinks he has a chance after last night, I got a bridge to sell you. That Libya answer is going to live in infamy. It's history now, and Obama broke him on live television, with spontaneous applause.

Edited by Vee

• Members

50/50. Please. This ain't 2000 or 2004.

Voter suppression can only do so much in 20 fuckin' 12. It was a wide enough lead in '08 to be unable to be faked then, and Mitt Romney is no John McCain and Paul Ryan no Palin (who was equally a fraud, but a far better entertainer). It's not going to be close.

Yes, I have been drinking, what of it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The CNN analyst was doing some fact checking this morning. She said that the President's statement that he grew Pell grants was true, then she fact checked Romney's statement that he wanted to grow Pell grants also. She noted that Romney had always stated that he wanted to cut education and that the Ryan budget had major cuts in education so the growing Pell grants was a new one from Romney. She smirked and you could just tell that she wanted to roll her eyes. Ah Romney, so many lies, so little time. There is nothing that he will not say to get elected. Romney has got to be the most mendacious presidential candidate since Richard Nixon.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Whenever I think of Romney and Pell grants I think of his telling the student who asked about being able to pay for college that he should just get the money from his parents.

I can't compare this to 2008, because Palin was obviously unqualified and seen as reckless (Ryan probably isn't), and McCain was older and in worse health than Romney. The financial crash and McCain's awful handling, the residue of the Bush years, etc. It's very different now.

• Members

When his opponent does well, Mitt Romney falters, it happened in the primary debates and it happened last night. I don't recall any Presidential candidate ever getting fact checked real time by the moderator.

Obama showed up in force last night and that is what he needed to do. He more than redeemed himself from that last debate.

• Members

I am still on a high from Obama's outstanding performance last night. I have run out of superlatives. I love the coverage in the NY Times and Washington Post today. The editorials both were pro-Obama, particularly the Times, as were almost all the articles and columns. The President has successfully changed the media's narrative and this along with the instant polls in his favor will help nudge people disenchanted with his previous first debate disaster back towards him.