B&B: Fire Lesley Anne Down, Hire Lauren Koslow!

• Members

Who knows what the hell is going to happen to Lauren Koslow at DAYS...I've got no info...I am just willing to bet that if Corday is looking to fire someone with some talent, she's first in line.

I don't like the idea of the lovely Ms Koslow idling away on her ranch, riding horses and such...if that's what she chooses to do then so be it...but she's only 55 and looks bangin' so I think she's got a good many catfights left in her.

Which brings me to my point. Lesley Anne Down and the character of Jackie Marone have been an unmitigated bust at B&B...there just isn't anything or anyone for her to do anymore. The character was short term at best who managed to last 5 years. Although I really enjoy LAD...I think it's time she face reality and back her bags, Darlene Conley she aint.

Lauren Koslow on the other hand, an original cast member of B&B in a role that was specifically created for her by Bill Bell, while also not the divine Ms Conley, could do a great deal of good on a show that is in need of a take no prisoners fashionista bitch! With Margo's brother Jake on canvas...I dare say it would be a grand idea to have Margo Lynley triumphantly ride back into Los Angeles with three goals in mind: make everyone's lives hell, steal designs/make clothes and look fabulous at the same time.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, but Bell is doing nothing with Lesley Ann Down and Robin Riker, what makes you think he'd write a decent long term SL for Lauren Koslow? However, it's about time Stephanie had a real bitchy rival, and I don't mean Brooke. :D

• Members

I think Brad simply doesn't know what to do with Lesley Anne Down anymore, she's Nick's mother...that's pretty much all she's got. The same goes for Robin Riker, why she was even signed to a contract is beyond me.

What makes me think Brad would actually write for LK is he brought her back in 2002 for a guest shot (in flashback) that necessitated a special deal with DAYS (he lent them Joe Mascolo although they never bothered to use him)...Brad could have very easily recast the part (it had been 10 years since LK was on the show) and yet he did not. Additionally, the inclusion of Jake Maclean (Margo Lynley's brother) says to me that the character of Margo is still in Brad's orbit. Finally, I don't think LAD or RR can hold a candle to LK when it comes to playing a bitch, it also helps that Margo is unrelated to everyone else on canvas biologically (!) just like Sally Spectra was.

• Members

Sally wasn't really a b!tch, she was just a very campy rival for Steph, something that LAD could play. I could never take Sally that seriously because we all knew she had a pretty good heart. I don't really get that vibe from Jackie. I think she's more ruthless and believable as a serious rival.

Anyway, I'm not really convinced that he'd write for her either. He had Eileen Davidson and did nothing for her. She wasn't related to anybody and was a pretty fresh character with mild ties to Forrester through Genoa City's workings, but not much. There was SO much potential and it fell flat.

• Members
Couldn't DISAGREE more. LAD's Jackie is a wonderful character. She doesn't get enough air time, but that's no reason to ax her. Plus, she's Nick's mother. Jake's just a minor character, at best, these days. Margo's been gone forever. Also, Jackie's a lot better at doing lighter stuff, Margo certainly isn't. Leave Koslow where she is.

• Members

I think, more to the point, after her stints as Lindsey Wells (Y&R) and Margo Lynley (B&B), Lauren Koslow was one of BILL Bell's favorites. Couple that with the attributes DaytimeFan correct mentions...and I do believe there might someday be a home for her at B&B.

I think the writing is on the wall for "Kate", "Roman", "Abe" and many others at DOOL. "Recurring at best".

No, I think LAD's time at B&B has passed. Indeed, I was going to say more about that until DaytimeFan said it better:

Nick must go. Nick is the ultimate rotting core of this show. Almost everything awful on this show links to three sources of rot:

- Wagner's Nick (if only the actor CARED!)

- Gareis' Donna (so over the top) and

- Tylo's Taylor (the woman just LOOKS like mental illness manifesting itself on my screen...and she has looked like that for years...even before the awful cosmetic procedures)

I mean, this show needs much more major repair than those three changes...but firing those three would go a long way toward repairing the show.

• Members

Problem is, Brad Bell has ADD and Kay Alden doesn't do "camp". That's why Jackie isn't being written for.

However, I'd take LAD over LK any day. LK annoys me for some reason, and LAD shouldn't be punished for Brad's shortcomings.

Same reason Sandra Vidal, Michael Dietz, Tamara Davies, Brian Gaskill, Ben Hogestyn, Dax Griffin, William deVry, Alley Mills and Mykel Shannon Jenkins were signed to a contract: Brad had "big plans" for her. :rolleyes:

• Members

Brad Bell is hit or miss...but when he likes someone, as he likes LK, it can work out. I don't think he's ever really liked the character of Jackie, after her affair with Deacon she's withered and died which is a shame because I too like LAD very much. Kay Alden doesn't have much say at B&B, she's a worker bee through and through.

A number of people find LK annoying and to each their own. I just really believe that LK has the bite that LAD does not possess. LK can be ruthless and seductive and funny. She's rather good when written for properly. With LAD I feel like she's there, she says her lines and she leaves...it's like she doesn't care.

That said, you rightly point out that much of that has to do with the lack of writing that's been thrown her way. Basically, I think the character of Jackie is 'Done' and that the reintroduction of Margo Lynley would help the show immensely because B&B desperately needs to get back to its fashion roots. Without them, the show is starting to resemble ER.

Yes, it is unfortunate the high number of people that Brad signs and then never uses. I should mention that Alley Mills is back on contract though. I adored Sandra Vidal's role as Sofia Alonso, that's the kind of character B&B needs (she did get 3 decent years of storyline though). Michael Dietz got to play Stephanie's heart attack which was pretty good and Ben Hogestyn got to show off what a good actor he is...the rest, like you point out, were wasted.

I feel, instinctively, that LK could be a great addition to this show.

• Members

Forget her on B&B, bring her to Y&R as Margo to spice things up. She could orbit around at Jabot, or Newman, and be paired with any number of the 45 plus leading/supporting men they have on that show with no storyline at the moment. She's to good for B&B, which deserves to be cancelled.

• Members

LOVE Lauren Koslow. I will just say that I HATE B&B. I really think that show is a mess. Campiness done wrong. Horrible acting by alot of the actors. Its just comical, but not good comical.... It used to be excellent.

I say bring her to Y&R as Lindsay Wells, or better yet bring her on as a new character. Or frankly, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE her as a recast for Gloria... or an older sister of Phyllis.... long lost sister from the orphanage of Victor..... She would make a great psycho too...

• Members

I feel your pain, Lauren Koslow needs to be working in daytime, and if she ends up being fired from DAYS (which we know she will), it would be great to see

her back as Margo. They could recst CJ and Mark and have a new family on the show. But if actresses like Diva Kay aren't being written for, then would Koslow?

Archived