AMC: Friday, 11/14/08

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Indeed. And Thank You, Eden, Tamara and AMC/ABCD!

Bianca's always been kind of bossy/demanding with her women, imo. Nothing new here. She is a Kane Woman, after all and likes to be worshipped (did you see her light up about a Spa Day), too. Hot moments there for Reese and Binx.

Liked the Di twist, though I understand big fans of the character being upset at the turn for her...but I really love that Pratt tied this up with a character from both Aiden and Annie's past. And Di did a bit of rough and tumble with Julia Santos and that giant pencil weapon she carved out of a chair or something. Back when Danielle was on?

I giggled watching Annie stop to realize, Oh [!@#$%^&*], everything's going wrong. We have a problem. She oughta squirm with the trouble she's caused. But I am enjoying it.

I loved Greenlee so much prior to her infection by Ryan and think Rebecca's the tops. But the sparking intelligence that Greenlee had just withers into nothingness around Ryan and it really hurts the character.

I thought Greenlee admitting she took Spike, qualified those actions as wrong and why she could judge Annie's was a nice touch by Pratt. While her meager admission will still leave Greenlee hypocritical in some viewers eyes, she acknowledged a question the audience would naturally have (another example is when Angie confronted Jesse about him being with Rebecca for almost 20 years...how can he claim to have no feelings or walk away from them). The answers the characters may not be perfect, but they're spoken aloud. That to me is a big difference from The McTravesty Era. People rarely acknowledged their mistakes (Hello, Babe=Dead) and it was very frustrating for a lot of viewers. I am probably not explaining myself well.

I liked Colby, Brot and Petey is always good for cute and a smile from me.

Taylor and Jake, damn they're pushing it, but I enjoyed their goofy chemistry today in places.

I want to like JR. But he's so assy so often, I just can't. I miss when JR and Bianca were buds. I wish they could develop that again.

• Members

Annie's plan was stupid. Did she really think that Emma wouldnt tell Ryan she was with Di, which would then give Annie away? Aidan is equally as dumb for not realizing this either.

Didnt like Di pointing a gun at Annie though and I think its more bc I hate this new girl. She is just not Di for me

• Members

A-M-E-N. See, I don't have a problem with characters being hypocritical. Have characters as hypocritical as they want, because God knows, we do have hypocritical people in this world. And hell, everyone on this show has done some pretty terrible, STUPID things -- it is a soap after all -- but the show just needs to POINT THEM OUT to us, instead of trying to make us believe that they are completely pure and good and have no faults. That was McTavish's big problem. Pratt, on the other hand, seems to have no problem pointing out how stupid the characters have been in the past. But some viewers expect to the characters to be completely sane, rational, good, righteous human beings at all times. Puhlease. For instance, when people say, "How can you root for Annie when she is doing such horrible things!?!?!?!? She's a terrible mother," to which I say, "I am not trying to justify her actions! I'm saying she's highly entertaining to watch!" God forbid characters act imperfect on a SOAP OPERA.

And so I see sh.it like, "Oh, what Greenlee did is being whitewashed." Well, they did mention it today, so how in hades is that whitewashing? I guess ALL of the characters are whitewashed then. KENDALL ONCE LOCKED BIANCA IN A CRYPT AND THEY HAVEN'T MENTIONED IT SINCE 1995 WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAD SOME RELEVANCE!!! WHITEWASHING I TELL YOU!!!!!!

• Members

Mhm! When she stormed into Fusion last week, I thought that that was the best she's ever looked (outside of special occasions like parties, weddings, etc) since I've been watching the show.

Yes indeeeeeed. And let us not forget the practice of inserting "pod" in front of someone's name because they are friends with or close to a character that we are not particularly fond of. I don't think I've ever said "podMyrtle" despite the fact that I hated the Myrtle/Zach friendship (mainly because I hate Zach.......and Kendall, which is irrelevant but so what).

Oh, the conclusion I came to a long time ago (and I'm sure there are others who agree) is that the people who talk about how much they hate the show and they hate TPTB, yet they so passionately get into heated discussions about who is right and who is wrong and all that....those people are probably the folks who love watching the show every single day and enjoy it like crack right now, despite their constant claims to the contrary. They watch an episode, they lose their minds discussing that episode for hours, days, weeks, sometimes years after it has aired. Isn't that one of the things that soap opera (TV in general) is supposed to do? Hmm.......perhaps they're the ones drinking

. I know that if six characters are featured every single day and I can't stand any of those six characters, guess what! I'm not watching! "7th Heaven" shows reruns in that hour, folks!

• Members

Indeed. Erica/Susan is looking even greater than usual. Did yall see her on Jimmy Kimmel?? WOW.

Not like she's had any body fat for the last decade, but she's even trimmer post DWTS... those cheekbones are poppin Minshew style. DaytimeFan, what are we thinking about those cheeks? I thought maybe she had implants at one point, but now I'm thinking they're the result of weight loss, a good lift(s), and maybe fat injections.

• Members

Di didn't know what Annie was up to. Annie asked Di to watch Emma for her and Ryan. So, Di took Emma, and Annie and Aidan unleashed the kidnapping plot, with the intention of framing Di for the kidnapping. On Friday's show, we found out that Di had found out about the "kidnapping" through the news, and confronted Annie about it,

Archived