ATWT: Luke/Lucinda/Brian Spoiler

• Members

Why does it make sense to me that Dena Higley of all people would be Jean's idol?

This is ridiculous.

Just when I thought they were devoting proper time to Lucinda Walsh and giving her a romance, they go and do this. So now, whenever a woman who is 45+ appears to be getting alot of screentime all of a sudden, it's bc the writers are getting ready to give her a craptistic storyline featuring the younger crowd. Thanks alot ATWT.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's with this villain of the month thing ATWT have been doing lately? I would far rather they build long term storylines that eventually all link together for one big climax, but instead we get a series of disconnected, consequence free storylines that are quickly swept over when the next freak of the week rolls around.

• Members

No it doesn't, it actually sounds pretty provocative. Like PJ said, Luke and Noah are now being treated like any other couple. Wow for Larry Lau taking on this type of role, bravo. What a departure from the cookie cutter golden boy roles he has played in the past. I wonder if Lau knew this twist was coming. I definitely saw Lau's Brian as a homophobe, and not a homosexual. The whole age difference part of the sl is very intriguing as well. I don't think a sl like this has ever been done in daytime.

Larry's a good looking guy too, it's kind of hard for me to hold this against Brian. I wonder how far this relationship will go.

• Members

As long as he's not a serial killer, I love it. That's classic soap, just with a bisexual element. The first way to mainstream gay characters on soaps is by allowing them to play classic genre roles: Ingenue, vixen, bitch, power broker. Luke is doing ingenue seduced by an older, sophisticated man, drawn into an illicit affair with a man who is involved with a beloved family member. That is a classic soap staple storyline, except Luke and Brian are both men.

• Members

You know i think I understand why people are warming to this idea. A lot of older gay men feel left out of the Nuke maddness. And it may actually be smart of P&G to initiate this story cause the excitement by older gay folks about this is off the charts. and you guys deserve some Love in the afternoon too! i just hate that Luke has to be a drunk, emotional basketcase in order to allow his soon-to-be Step-Grandpa Brian to kiss him but we'll have to see how it all turns out, won't we?

• Members

The break up of Nuke started today. And I loved Van's scenes. Jake again failed to deliver. His acting is so bad that it isnt funny. I wish they would really pair Van with someone else and break up Noah and Luke for good!

• Members

Uh, I'm in my 20s. The reason I like this spoiler is because it indicates a classic soapy storyline with a gay/bi twist, meaning Luke is finally being treated like just another character, as opposed to being left in some gay storyline ghetto with Noah and a bunch of other twink dayplayers. Not that I dislike Noah, because I don't, but it opens up the canvas for these characters when they become part of a larger picture. If you keep young gay characters only to other young gay characters for story, then they become as inconsequential as "the teen scene." Luke and Noah and co.'s storylines should not exist only in their small "bubble."

• Members

I don't remember referring to you specifically, Vee. But putting Luke with Brian is taking them out of "their small bubble? Really? Brian may not be a twink but he's as much as a dayplayer as Kevin. Brian won't be on the show long and we all know that. He has no ties to Oakdale. Outside the bubble to me would be a romance with someone we know. But like I said, a lot of older and apprently younger guys like this s/l so we'll have to wait and see. I've said it before but if Noah and Kevin hooked up and Luke and Brian hook up - that would be interesting. But from the spoilers I've read - Luke is near unconscious when Brian kisses him and that's not cool. Sounds SO Goutman! Ick!

Archived