OLTL discussion for the Week of Oct 27 through 31

• Members

Didn't watch today and it appears neither did a lot of other people since no one started the thread for this week.

Just curious if anyone has any thoughts? And is it true that Nora waved her magic wand and restored BE to the Buchanans as sort of a footnote to today's episode? If so, what a tremendous letdown. The loss of BE was a huge story, but the gaining it back . . . what was that? A sidenote to the Gigi/Rex loves that transcends the time space continuum story?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! We're on a roll DP. I think we've agreed twice this past week (although for the life of me I can't remember what the first time was about).

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll just watch LOST online. I got "lost" after the first season so I am picking up where I left off and I am fascinated. So much entertainment, so little time.

• Members

I went and checked my temperature! :o I am normal, but I don't know about you. ;)

It's just crazy. And that Nora is the one who put the screws to Dorian and blackmailed her into giving it up? Makes Noral look so dayum hypocritical. Makes you wonder if they just never had an "ending" in mind or if it was abbreviated, and if the latter, is there something that will take it's place. If so, I bet it's more Gigi/Rex. This time Gigi will be kidnapped by Brody and she will communicate telepathically with Rex so he can rescue her for a change.

• Members

speaking of Clint, why the heck hasnt Viki gone over to Buch mansion and seen him yet? She's been back for a few days now, going around town searching for Jared, Jessica and Natalie, yet wouldnt it make sense to check in on the twins' father to see if he might have any info? This is another example of how disjointed this show is and how isolated the stories are. Its as if the show has several different headwriters in charge of each story and they are only allowed to use a certain amount of characters each

• Members

I sort of agree there. Enjoying OLTL a ton but I don't like how Viki in specific has been isolated since her return, although I'm giving Ron time to weave her back in. Although one thing I have noticed during Ron's tenure is that she rarely has had scenes with Clint. There was that one time after she returned to Llanview earlier this year and a few times during Nash's death, but they pretty much don't interact on-screen anymore.

What I am really waiting for is her to interact with Dorian. I want to see the Charlie stuff exposed and them to have an all out fight!

Today wasn't the best but wasn't the worst. And strangely, I don't know why but I really didn't mind Dorian giving BE back so quickly. Maybe this is JMO, but as much as I've loved the story maybe its time to move on to the next step.

• Members

I know what you mean.......I was like "What the hell!?!" All that drama around losing the company, and then in like five minutes Nora gets Dorian to give it back. And they don't even show Dorian agreeing to the deal...it's like "I'll give you ten minutes to think about it." and then a few minutes later, Nora hands the paperwork over to Clint. :lol:

• Members

That screamed rewrite to me, too. But then, we knew the exit of Ray and the premature end of this story was a sudden rewrite. I assume it ties together behind the scenes. But I was glad Nora got to be proactive. Sure, she bent the rules but both Clint and Dorian have already broken the law in egregious ways during this fight, so why shouldn't Nora play them against each other to end it.

Wherever the show is going from here with these stories cleared I hope it gets us out of Tarty and Joblair.

• Members

What's left for November sweeps BESIDE Tarty and JoBlair? Somehow I guess Natalie and Jared will narrowly escape Wyle Coyotess's evil clutches, but BE is restored, the Dorian/Ray/Langston stuff seems resolved, Gigi and Rex are together and safe and sound. All the stories I was interested in have come to a close or are near closure. And there is no mystery for me about how they will all end although the specifics might be fuzzy. What a dud!

Of all the stories to rewrite, why this one? It was working better than the rest IMO and the build up had been substantial. I just can't believe all we got was an oh by the way, Nora convinced Dorian to give BE back. Pffffft.

Archived