OLTL discussion for the Week of Oct 27 through 31

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed today's show, granted its not the top of their game but there wasn't anything that I wanted to really FF.

Totally enjoyed the scenes with Viki and Charlie, he's so supportive of Viki and all that is going on around them, it's nice seeing them together even though they aren't a couple right now.

Loved the scenes with Todd and Bree, that little girl was just so adorable with TSJ.

Still don't care for Clint and Nora together, but I guess its better than Clint being with Dorian. I'm lost on why Clint is being so calm and doesn't seem to be worried at all about Tess being back. Father of the year he isn't.

Dorian, Adrianna and Langston were really good, too.

Rex, Bo, Roxy and Gigi made me laugh, and never thought that'd happen since I am SO tired of Rex/Gigi. I'm seriously hoping that now that their "Love" story is over that they'll be backburned in a huge way.

• Members

"QUOTE

But then, we knew the exit of Ray and the premature end of this story was a sudden rewrite.

It was? What was the story behind that? "

I believe the actor didn't want to move his family to the East Coast.

I dunno. today's ep was ok. I did hate the "Passions" twist of the smoke lure/smoke alarm goign off the SECOND Vicki closed the door (she woulda at least heart the alarm and checked! Plus doesn't that mansion have a MAID and COOK and like high tech security alarms that would alert the fire department with all that smoke?? I just can't handle when you have to suspend THAT much disbelief) YEs good soap opera is expert at drawing out these kinda stories--but for e that doesn't entail all these setups and fake outs where EVERY viewer over the age of 6 knows it won't work

• Members

Yes she did.

I didn't mind today. I loved Todd and Bree. Trevor had that baby grinning like crazy. Too dayum cute! And call me crazy, but I think Todd is genuinely concerned about Natalie (not just because of Viki). Of course if it doesn't translate in to any action -- so what?

I cried with the Adrianna/Dorian and Langston on the side.

I enjoyed Rex and Bo. Rex really should have come back for Bo. Just sayin'.

Roxy was so cute and I originally thought the Pinata of childhood memories was sort of schlocky, but it played well IMO.

The real Jarlie is back. Jared is sexy and cunning and that was a dayum good plan and would have worked if the dayum timing wasn't on some sort of soapwatch. I love him telling Natalie he was a boy scout but I don't believe it for a minute. Love Natalie telling him she'd give him a "merit badge" he'll never forget if he gets them out of there (and the look he gave her in response). I can't help it. I love these two.

I thought the line Tess said about "Lipstick, jewels and dynamite. What more could a girl need?" was very appropriate to the character. That stood out for me.

• Members

Dorian and Adriana are so much alike/. Both are completely delusional and twisting their stories to make themselves look like the better person. Dorian says she gave up BE bc Langston means too much to her, yet fails to reveal that she did it bc she was blackmailed. Adriana says that she is the one that decided to end her marriage, when Rex already asked her for a divorce 5 months ago and hasnt wanted anything to do with her since

Llanfair has security? Since when? If that was the case, then does Natalie really think she'd still be down in the cellar.

Oh and I hate this off screen crap. Im glad that Clint mentioned talking to Viki about Tess, but why didnt we see this conversation? This has been bugging me and I mentioned it the other day and then they go and write it offscreen.

• Members

They have been doing this a lot lately. I think it must be part of the rewrite phenomenon we're seeing. It's not so much rewrite as racing through most of the current stories to conclude them as quickly as possible. So they're "telling" us how we got here instead of taking us along for the ride because that would take too long. I get this impression that they're doing it not so much because they recognized that a lot of things weren't working the way they'd hoped, because a lot of the storylines they're abbreviating weren't the problems (IMHO). Makes me wonder if they came up with something they're really excited about and wanted to clear the decks to make way for something really good. Am I just being a pie in the sky optimist? (I know what Sylph will say. B) )

BTW Cheap, ITA with this comment

But it doesn't mitigate my sympathy for the characters in any meaningful way. I think it's because both RS and MGF played those scenes with so much emotion and such beautiful subtlety (a welcome relief from some of the other performances we've been getting from some of the talent) that I believe that THEY believe what they say is true. I was laughing about Adrianna chastising Dorian for not being there for her -- but no one thought to remind her that Dorian was in jail and Adrianna didn't take any time away from her crisis du jour to check on her mother either. They are truly two of the most self-centered people ever created in a work of fiction, and I love them.

• Members

Oh I also forgot to mention that Dorian told Adriana that she wasnt the one that sent the note to Rex about her lying. I completely forgot about that. That was the reason why Adriana vowed not to speak to her before she left. I dont think anyone ever found out who sent that besides Brody.

• Members

Charlie still doesn't know Dorian drugged him and poured vodka down his throat.

Dropped plot point? The BE give-back was lame and anticliamatic.

What has happened to this show? I am so dissapointed.

I'm begining to think Ron was fired, and he's just wrapping all his stories up.

Archived