GL's New Lesbian Couple: Oliva and Natailia.

• Members

From: http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/10...-light-spoilers

Olivia and Natalia...In Love?!: Over the past few weeks, rumors have been running rampant that Olivia and Natalia will be daytime's newest lesbian couple. A trusted source revealed this weekend that the rumors are true. In a recent Soap Opera Digest interview, Crystal Chappell (Olivia) revealed her new storyline would be unusual. As a fan of soaps, Crystal says the story will be unlike anything "anybody's ever seen before." I know I haven't seen any highly religious women turn gay in my 20 years of watching soaps.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I were writing Guiding Light, I'd have had Natalia and Frank slowly fall for each other. This "Frank can't get a date" story is getting reaaaaaaaalllly old quickly.

Instead, we get Kreizman, Hurst, Wheeler and company pulling something out of their asses once again.

Jesus. Can't SOMEONE in Cincinnati veto this storyline?

• Members

Totally ridiculous. Olivia has been the biggest ho in Springfield and Natalia is a devout catholic, how are we meant to believe this? Especially considering not that long ago they hated each other and were fighting over Gus. What really irks me about GL right now is that there doesnt seem to be any long term planning going on at all...I agree with sungrey, Natalia and Frank slowly falling for each other would be a far nicer storyline, and then they could have them as the stable couple in the background during lots of other storylines.

If they wanted to do a gay storyline with lesbians, why not bring back Marah and do it with her? Explain that her previous actions were all as a result of trying to live up to Reva's reputation? Or SORAS Clarissa a little and do it with her like AMC did with Bianca.

This just reeks of desperation. It's like GL has truly lost any morsel of identity and is grasping on to whatever little shred of hope it might have in reinventing itself, and failing.

I would LOVE to see CBS decide "You know what? This is the longest running drama in television history. There could be a lot of power behind this brand." And put some SERIOUS bucks into it, totally overhaul it (even keeping the current production model but doing it on a bigger scale) and giving it a year to garner ratings. Force its affiliates to air it in a decent timeslot, try and buy it off of P&G since they seem to have lost all interest in it...if it fails, at least it will go out with a little dignity.

ABC is making serious efforts to make its soaps appealing to a wider audience, they're realising the potential in great daytime dramas and trying to ensure their longevity, even if their attempts are a little misguided...I would love to see GL get some sort of last chance at life.

Archived