GH/CITY: Laura Wright and Lisa Lo Cicero

• Members

For the fellow CITY fans out there, how great was it to see them together again? Their characters were good friends on The City, so I'm thrilled that they are sharing scenes again on GH. If only Ted Kind (ex Danny, CITY; ex Alcazar, GH) were still here. Them with Jane Elliot would be a CITY reunion!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HA I never watch GH so missed it... But I was just going thru my old City tapes (I have the last three months taped and wanna digitize them while I can--and maybe start putting them on yotuube which has so little City). What's the role Lisa's playing? She's really udnerated--her scenes surrounding her incest storylien were amazing

• Members

She's playing Olivia Falconari....Kate Howard's cousin and Sonny Corinthos' ex. She checked into Carly's (Laura Wright) hotel and they ended up having wine together. You could tell by their faces that they were thrilled to be back together.

Digitize those CITY clips! I have those eps too, but it'd be great to have em on youtube.

• Members

I don't know how it would work now, with Laura Wright and Lisa Lo Cicero playing different characters but ever since Tracy starred on The City, I've wanted Amy Van Horne to set down roots in Port Charles as her City character Carla Soleito. The Soleitos (Carla, Tony, and extended family) were of Brooklyn too, and knew Lois Cerullo and her family from "the neighborhood", so I guess they knew Sonny Corinthos and the Falconari clan as well. And Carla was Tracy's wicked stepdaughter and Tracy ran the Soleito mob from NYC after husband Gino Soleito's death (years before she returned to Port Charles, dethroned by the Soleito family). As mobbed up as GH is, why wouldn't they want Tracy's mob ties surfacing in town, in the form of Carla (aside from her name being somewhat close to the leading lady of the show)?

But anyway, back to the topic at hand... I had forgotten that the actresses played together on City. Wright has been so far removed from Ally Rescott Bowman that I consider her more a transplant from Guiding Light than an ABC soap vet. And Lisa Lo Cicero looks so different from Jocelyn with the longer, darker hair, that I forget all about her and instantly think of that flop Sonia Toledo that she played on OLTL.

I hated the Jocelyn character so much, though, because she was such a wet blanket. My memories of The City are fuzzy before Tracy came on, and the tapes I ordered a few years ago weren't the whole series, but mainly the Tracy portion, the initial month or so, and the Masquerader storyline, much of which Jocelyn plays in the background. I don't remember much of her abuse storyline (though I've read about it). But I am enjoying her on GH and actually am sitting through most of the episode to see her scenes because she looks like she's having a BLAST with her character, and is a very different, lively flavor for this excrutiating town of Port Charles. I don't remember her being that good on OLTL, where she was basically humping Antonio's leg for months before they wrote her out.

Anyway, hoping Olivia makes contract status at GH. I volunteer to play

Archived