Y&R: TV Guide Confirms JG is out and his replacement!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been talking to Y&RWorldTurner about this and I mentioned it when Paul Rauch came as a consultant to Y&R: the guy is old. Never forget that. (Yeah, my age bias shows. :rolleyes:) EP's job can be extremely taxing to mind and body and I don't know for how long he can survive in that climate.

Which, of course, means more regime changes for Y&R and more instability.

• Members

The Walker family was a Pam Long addition, who was the HW of the show at the time. It did occur under Rauch, but many "vets" had already left SB either by the time Rauch got there or soon afterwards.

Patrick Mulcahey said John Conboy was one of the most "cluesless" people he's ever worked with, and quit writing for SB during Conboy's reighn. So, in many ways, SB was already damaged before Rauch came there.

• Members

I really don't think Rauch will have that much creative say in storylines at Y&R. I bet if he walks all over Maria, she'll go and cry to her husband again and he'll get fired, so I think he'll most likely be there to execute Maria/Hogan's stories, not force them to start new ones. He's just there to produce the show for the most part, but let's hope he doesn't screw with the lighting and wardrobe.

Archived