Lauren Koslow: Leave, Stay or Return!

• Members

Although nothing concrete has surfaced regarding Lauren Koslow's future at DAYS I do think it is relevant to discuss where this actress really belongs. A lot of fans have never liked her on DAYS, a lot of fans can't recall her time on Y&R (as Jack Abbott's devious wife Lindsey Wells Abbott) and an awful lot of fans hunger for her return to B&B.

If I had my say I would want Lauren to make her triumphant return to B&B, Bill Bell created a role specifically for her on that show and I think it's only fitting that she return to the show that was tailor made for her. The character of Margo Lynley was the ONLY character to ever stand shoulder to shoulder, face to face with Susan Flannery's Stephanie Forrester and serve as a real rival. The chemistry Koslow shared with the cast was dynamic and believable.

Koslow is the right age to return to B&B with the impending exit (one of these days) of Susan Flannery, B&B is in desperate need of a fashionista diva. The re invigoration of a rivalry between the Forresters and a rival fashion entity is something which Lauren Koslow's Margo Lynley is perfectly suited for.

Some evidence:

Ridge, Caroline, Bill and Margo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnkfd79z1_4...feature=related

Stephanie vs Margo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vj3km-XWcY...feature=related

Storm reaches out to a pregnant Margo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUrL1enlTk4...feature=related

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even if she returns to B&B, what are the chances that Bradley and Alden will write for her for more than six months before she's bumped to recurring and ultimately never to be seen on the show again?

Brad has ADD, he clearly doesn't want and know how to write for certain characters after a while.

I say Koslow is smart for riding out her contract status at DAYS, no matter how shaky it looks. Compared to career prospects at B&B, it looks pretty damn steady.

• Members

I'd love to see her back at B&B but, as Turner said, she would get crappy storylines, she would be thrust in a triangle from hell, her character would be destroyed, and she would be backburned or written out after six months. She is way more secure on DAYS, and Y&R, which I also wouldn't mind at all.

• Members

I of all people know about Brad and his ADD. However, who would've thought that Jackie Wagner or Heather Tom would've gotten so much story? There has to be an exception to the rule, and you never know who that might be.

Anyway, I think there are enough older women on the show that aren't getting any attention. We have Beth, Jackie, and Stephanie. (Ann I guess, but who knows what's going to happen with her). None of them are currently involved in anything big. I'm assuming that any fling/romance that Margo would have, could be had by Beth or Jackie.

• Members

All very valid arguments.

I think Koslow's run on B&B would have to be for the long haul in order for it to benefit the show. The fact is Darlene Conley's death was a bigger blow to the show than I think anyone associated with B&B imagined. I think Brad was convinced that the Marone's were going to work out and become the new Spectras...but they flopped. They just weren't as likable as Sally and her crew was and it was the likability factor that sustained Sally for nearly 20 years. Furthermore, the addition of Koslow would necessitate the exit of Lesley Anne Down which although I love LAD...I wouldn't shed too many tears, Margo Lynley trumps Jackie Marone any day of the week.

Essentially, Brad needs to get over his ADD and realize that certain characters are necessary for the structural integrity of the show. Margo Lynley is easily the most viable option for a rival fashion designer. When she left the show in 1992 Margo was embittered against the Forresters and simply fled town out of embarrassment caused by her brother stealing the Belief formula. Currently, the show is running with only one lightning rod: Stephanie. It needs another in order to move forward.

Returning to Y&R would be exciting since it's been over 20 years since Lindsey wreaked havoc on Jack and Jill's lives. Lindsey was the woman who got the incriminating photos of Jack and Jill's affair that Katherine used as ammunition in destroying Jill's marriage to John. Every character Lindsey interacted with is still on canvas. To think, a legitimate rival for Jill, a thorn in Jack's side, a triumphant ally for Katherine. She'd be staying in the Sony family, could be promising.

I can also see the logic in riding out DAYS for as long as she can. Lauren does get good airtime as Kate and she gets a good wardrobe. Certainly, she's been playing the same storyline since she started in '96 but that isn't her fault. She simply plays what she's given, she doesn't re write scripts...that's what I hate about Lauren toiling at DAYS, it doesn't seem that she's ever going to get to play anything like she did at Y&R or B&B and I know she's capable of great things. DAYS wastes yet another talent.

• Members

I like the idea of a return to Y&R.

It would bring in history,which is something that works for veteran characters.

Although Terry Lester was playing Jack,so there could be no flashbacks with him or Jess Walton.

Did Lynsey just vanish from GC or was there a proper write-out?

Could Lynsey have had a child by Jack,or did she stay in town too long for that to happen?

Not that I necessarily want another long lost child to arrive.

on that subject,hopefully a recast Keemo will come to town!

• Members

This show needs desperately and all-powerful, rich as hell, self-reliant, ambitious, sophisticated über-b!tch who has a good side but rarely shows it. And she should have a name like Margo or Dominique Deveraux or Iris Carrington. Something a bit French, aristocratic. Someone who eats grapes and drinks champagne in bed for breakfast, where she reclines on embroidered Pratesi sheets. :D Yeah, I know it's a total cliche, but it must be done.

She should also wear superb outfits with amazing, outrageous hats. But for that, the chief costume desginer of B&B needs to be fired. Now.

• Members

It does and Lauren Koslow could definitely do it. She can put on the faux-English airs with the best of them and play with those clichés and have great fun doing so. She is also amazing at coaxing out chemistry from younger male co-stars (Victor Webster comes to mind). I thought Lesley-Anne Down had it in her to play that sort of gorgeously seductive role (given her Sunset Beach experience) but I guess not. LK is more subtle an actress, though. Plus Margo's history on the show with Bill Spencer, Ridge and Eric will have Stephanie and Brooke, at least, fit to be tied.

[speaking of Bill -- I wouldn't mind the old fox returning to B&B, too. Even if it was only to usher Stephanie off on her world cruise with Sally Spectra while Margo (with Sally's implicit blessing) takes control of Spectra Designs/Jackie M/whateverthehell it is called now. First act of business? Hiring Deacon as her marketing man!]

Don't even tease me about Birgit Muller. Margo should be swanning around in vintage YSL or Valentino. I guess Nolan Miller (even though he is almost too 80s) had a Valentino edge to his designs. Perhaps B&B could pull some strings? Or steal Y&R's costumer who at least managed to procure a Birkin bag, Pauline Trigère wedding gown and other goodies for Sabrina's wardrobe.

• Members

I totally agree with everything you said. In my opinion, B&B should be like French pop: "elegant, refined" but "without coming off as distant or unemotional"; in fact, the dominant feeling being — "romantic longing, nostalgia, sentimentality, eroticism". All that without sleaze and sap. Couple that with riveting business storylines and you've got yourself a hit. Pure pleasure to watch.

Business should be a crucial, crucial part of this show.

Archived