Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Karen Lynn Gorney was quoted in a 1981 issue of People that she was interested in the role of Nicole after Jayne Bentzen departed. It was right around the time of Edge's 25th anniversary party and I believe Gorney was in attendance at the party.

This is the article. It was accompanied by photos of the cast and there was photo of Gorney with a caption saying she wanted the role of Nicole.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20079086,00.html

Edited by robbwolff

• Members

If Gorney was looking to get back into soaps, why EON? Sure, it was a great show, but you'd think after her SNL success and earlier soap recognition, she would've gone for a higher profile, higher rated show. Wonder if she tried to get back onto AMC? The show was shifting focus at that point and Tara just wasn't needed, and I'm pretty sure Mary Lynn Blanks was gone and the Tara character totally retired by the time EON was replacing Bentzen.

• Members

Nicholson had a fetish for redheads (Fisher, Moore, Cross). Ironically, a couple of years later, Wandrey did appear a younger recast of Laurinda Barrett's Dr. Allison Perry. If Edge wanted to raid Dark Shadows, I would have first considered Marie Wallace or Virginia Vestoff, but they were even older than Wandrey -a no-go with demo conscious ABC.