AMC: Susan Lucci on DWTS

• Members

Hope it was okay to post this here since not everyone goes to the Primetime section of this board ;)

Susan Lucci, Toni Braxton set for ABC's `Dancing'

Aug. 25, 2008, 8:28 AM EST

NEW YORK (AP) -- Susan Lucci, Toni Braxton and Lance Bass will hit the floor on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

They are among 13 celebrities slated to compete on the new season of the top-rated dance contest, premiering Sept. 22.

The other contestants are Cloris Leachman, Kim Kardashian, Ted McGinley, Brooke Burke, NFL champ Warren Sapp and two Olympic athletes: Misty May-Treanor, who won her second gold medal for beach volleyball at this year's summer games in Beijing, and Maurice Greene, who won two gold medals in track at the 2000 games in Sydney.

Rounding out the cast are chef Rocco DiSpirito, Cody Linley of "Hannah Montana" and comedian Jeffrey Ross.

The names were announced Monday on ABC News' "Good Morning America."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news=328045&GT1=28103

Yay Lucci!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is just my own opinion (and Lord knows I've been wrong before)...but I think SuLu is the early frontrunner for this edition...

Every story in all media that I've seen, read, and heard since the cast was announced Monday morning has led off with our girl's name first!

I say that SuLu is the one to beat not because I think she's a great dancer (off the top of my head the only time I've seen her dance was this past year during the Erica-in-prison story when my sister called me in urgent hysterics telling me to turn to AMC to see the unfortunate "Free Erica Kane"protest staged by hip hop artists outside the windows of the prison as Erica and her fellow convict roommates danced around upstairs as if they were trying to single-handedly bring the SOUL TRAIN line back into fashion).

No, I say she's the frontrunner because, as an avid DWTS fan, I know what it takes to win that hideous trophy are loyal, diehard fans, and SuLu has a 35-plus year following of worshippers who will turn and and vote in droves every week. None of her competitors has the kind of fan base she does!

Forget the Emmy snub and being the butt of jokes for decades...SuLu might just be on the verge of giving all those critics in the mainstream media their just desserts! :P

• Members

I agree. I couldn't believe the attention she is getting. They don't even have to say soap opera star, they just say Susan Lucci. I am excited and am going to be watching DWTS for the first time loyally this season! Go Susan!!!

Archived