AMC: Daytime Confidential's Ways to Fix the Show

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lucci should get first dibs on a storyline like that. It would be great to actually see Erica take on indentifiable womens' issues such as breast cancer and menopause. Things that are age appropriate and take place today and don't consist of rewriting history and de-aging the character for a sixth time(blocked-out childhood rapes and unabortions).

Kendall needs a rest.

• Members

I agree with everything said. I've always felt that the show made a mistake by trimming down Adam's family to just JR and Colby. It's ridiculous that Liza is "no where to be found" especially with Colby in trouble. Brooke should be around running Tempo and have some people working for her. FUSION most definately can go and the core companies should be Chandler, PVH, Cambias and Tempo.

And while I'm no Dixie fan, for goodness sake either do it or give Tad a better story. The triangle thing with Adam is old. Ryan should not have a story around his love life, ever. In fact, he's the one that needs a rest.

• Members

Some of them strike me as quite poor--WHY would Anton kidnap Kendall? the original Budapest story is one of my faves but we don't need more poor retreads of classic stories, especially when they don't fit the character. But yeah a lot of them make a lot of sense. It's too bad we already know Pratt isn't breaking up the sextet or Fusion...

"Honorable Mention: Bring back Ambyr Childers, Marcy Walker (although not against a recast) and Julia Barr. "

Oh come on--Julia Barr is the ONLY one here who matters and she really really really does matter. I love Marcy too (Ambyr grew into the role but meh) but Julia is who the show needs. Honestly if Pratt said Brooke was returning, I think I'd be in seventh heaven

• Members

I honestly, as much as I loved the character, see no need for DIxie anymore--are fans STILL screaming for her return?

"Chandlers/Martins: Adam and Tad are being ruined by plot points. Adam is a JR Ewing of daytime but would never sell Jenny or keep Kathy from Tad. Tad would never kill a human being and wouldn’t keep JR, who he raised as a son, from his child. "

Agreed on Tad, but totally disagreed on Adam--at LEAST about keeping Kathy from Tad--he woulda done that since 1983...

THIS I love tho': "Bring back Skye Chandler (possibly Scott Chandler) and have her wreak havoc on Pine Valley, like Dorian Lord in Llanview. Have her butt heads with Kendall and Greenlee, make her Adam’s child and maybe pair her with Tad to get a better Tad vs. Adam dynamic."

• Members

When was Scott on Adam's side? yeah he was sometimes more Adam than his father, Stewart, but...

I think the show really needs an eccentric, maybe conniving, grande dame character like they had in Phoebe and we even had glimpses of with such great underused characters as Marian and Greenlee's mom, Mary, Leo's mom, etc. OLTL has Dorian. Erica isn't really in a position to serve this purpose...

• Members

YES BRING BACK TEMPO! Tempo (with Brooke as its lead) is SUCH a great business for interacting, throwing people who don't like eachother into the mix, telling different kinds of journalistic stories, it just SCREAMS so many MANY more storypossibilities than Fusion EVER did (especially as we already had Enchantment--is Enchantment even around?) not to mention the now semi prominent Chandler Enterprises which seems to make money from havign business meetings.

Another Brooke thing for great stories--last seen when agnes Nixon returne din '99, but actually mentioend by Frankie last month--Brooke's shelter for women--and the youth chelter in general. What a great place to show more poor characters, different rraces and probs, have young characters volunteer.

We have enough doctors at PVH. Angie should open a walk in clinic like she did in The City.

• Members

I love your idea of bringing in a "Phoebe-like" character.

I think TPTB overthink the possible solutions to fix this show. Its pretty simple actually. All they need to do is style the show the way it was at its inception. It worked in the beginning, why not now? All they need to introduce is young love, the have and the have nots, family, power/money/business, and humor....It's that simple people!

I can not for the life of me understand how they can not realize that the current format of 20/30 somethings on screen every day is NOT WORKING! AMC needs balance, real stories, and real characters!

Archived