ABC: Soapnet doing marathons anymore???

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, that sucks. I just had SOAPnet for three weeks, but actually ended digital cable today. All of the channels that I got it for aren't even worth watching...I enjoyed catching daytime soaps in primetime, but I can easily go back to taping. I wanted to watch 90210, but they were in the second-to-last season, and I can just watch the first four at CBS.com. "Dallas" and "Ryan's Hope" came on at unnecessary, ridiculous time slots, and I only stayed up late to watch them twice. I didn't even know "Port Charles" was still on there, and I love "Melrose Place," but I never got a chance to catch much of it. I also liked "The OC," but they reminded me why I stopped watching it in the middle of the second season on FOX. I rarely tuned to SOAPnet on the weekends, too. "MVP" and "Nightshift" can take a long walk off a short dock.

• Members

Oh yeah, the Sunday Night Movie. What is their criteria for choosing movies for that? At first, I thought it was just a weekly showing of soapy Lifetime-ish movies, which I thought would make sense. Many soap stars do those types of movies, they have the same types of plot lines that soaps have, etc, but WTF is why "Moonstruck" being on there? And all of those other random movies...like the Romy and Michelle one and that "Just a Walk in the Park" thing. How do those fit AT ALL on a soap-themed channel...AT ALL? Makes no sense.

• Members

I have one. Let's see a reality show that focuses on the cast and crew of a daytime soap opera. Instead of seeing all of the behind the scenes stuff, though, we'll only see what they put on the air...we'll only see the episodes of the soap opera they produce. We shall call it "Santa Barbara." Or "The Edge of Night." Or "Sunset Beach." Or "Search for Tomorrow." Or "Peyton Place." Or "Coronation Street." Or "EastEnders." Or something like that.

• Members

I'd like to propose a behind-the-scenes show set at DOOL.

"I'm a DOOL star, get me out of here!"

We could also have done it at GL, but Harley and Gus already did it there (i.e., "got out of there").

Archived