ABC New Daytime Promos

• Members

These make me want to watch soaps less.

I don't think any have actually watched a soap in their life they were just paid nicely to say they do. Vincent Pastore is the most obvious since he just signed on to guest star in October.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are these people actually fans? Does Mel B even live most of her time in a place that airs AMC?

I actually think the promos are... OK. Not bad anyway--I think they do get your attention, but... I think more are set to run because I heard d-0list star Elizabeth Berkley did one for OLTL...

The thing is it'll be useless like all ABC soap promos cuz they will never air them in Primetime. Preaching to the converted is pointless.

• Members

I guess they're designed to appeal to teenagers. It went straight over my head. OLTL is ranked #1 in that demo. A whopping 70,000 teens are tuning in to OLTL. Woo hoo. Let's ignore the 800,000 other viewers and promote to the teens! And the ABC Spin/PR department puts out a statement saying OLTL increased it's viewership in the 12-17 demo by 55 percent! Brilliant promotion strategy. Just Brilliant!

• Members

Oh, so the Passions viewers found a home in OLTL? ABC must be proud.... <_<

I am assuming that, if The Mole is low-rated, that it doesn't cost them much to run daytime promos then. (i.e., they either don't have a lot of advertisers lining up, or it is not costing them much to forego an extra ad). Of course, daytime promos SHOULD run during the highest rated shows with the most desirable demographic. But that would require (a) integrated network management, across dayparts and divisions, and (B) a desire to INVEST in soaps.

Translation: it will never happen. Much as I'd love to see Y&R promos during, say, CSI (which I don't watch)...it'll never happen.

• Members
I know who Big P.ussy is. :lol:

Mob done right. The Sopranos.

Elizabeth Berkley is more Z-list. :lol:

I thought the promos were good. I like the song and I used to love the Spice Girls and I love the Sopranos. I thought ABCD finally did something RIGHT.

Also, Mel B. has lived in LA for years. Remember, Eddie Murphy is her baby daddy. And he's LA based.

• Members

I noticed that there are two different promos of Mel B for AMC. One for SOAPNet and one for ABC apparently. Why two different ones, I wonder? I liked them, but agree that they could have went with prime time ABC actors or more A list celebrities.

Archived