Y&R: Week of July 14, 2008

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems like Skye's destiny is sealed, although I'd love it if somehow she stayed alive. She seemed to too happy to see the person on the airport... Was it David, or Brad, or maybe Walter? I dunno, but I'm loving the mystery. It's actually intriguing, and with the promo I saw, it's going to get better. :)

• Members

Graz is insanely hot angry/happy/undressed. And I loved him putting Phyllis in her place. Sit down, Phyl!

I just cannot stand the Newman young 'uns -- Nick, Victoria, Phyllis -- all giving Sabrina the snotty attitude and evil eye after she apologized to them. It was just like Devon, Lily, Cane and Colleen looking down their noses at Chloe. So high school. In fact, Victoria's bland bitch tude actually makes me wish Sabrina would slap those poseur glasses off her nose.

Speaking of characters we are meant to like, but I don't -- Brad. What is his motivation for actively getting David back on the gambling wagon and ruining his life? I mean, if David were addicted to crack and Brad bought his a crackpipe and lighter in order to move up the food chain at jabot, would that be understandable? Explain please.

Great Kay/Jill scenes today.

And I almost felt sorry for Amber. I think I must be coming down with something.

• Members

Wow, are you serious? I thought Hogan's stuff didn't start until August. That's awesome!

I am finding myself more interested in Y&R lately. And it's great that I'm finally starting to care about Genoa City again.

I used to hate Daniel and Amber and the thought of them as a couple made me sick, but I watched their break up scenes today and it was awesome. Adrienne Frantz is one of those over the top actresses that takes it too far at times, but Michael Grazadei helped pick up what she couldn't manage in his acting. He's great. They have today's episode as a selection for their Emmy reel next year.

It's nice to see some conflict, especially business conflict, between Katherine and Jill. I just wish they weren't always together. I see that they're slowly pulling them apart. For a while there, they were never apart. But now, we have Katherine in scenes with Amber, and then in scenes with Victoria, Sabrina and Jana. And then Jill was with Brad. And lets not even talk about the sexual chemistry Jess Walton and Don Diamont have together. :wub:

The only bad part of the show for me right now, honestly, is Restless Style. It's beyond stupid. Does anyone really like this story?

• Members

A week of plots and schemes---- how wonderful. Let's see what we have:

1. Jil and Brad against Katherine: this should be fabulouss, can't wait.

2. Boris and Natasha(Jeff/Glo) and sidekicks are at it again. Tired of Glo

so I can wait for this comedy of errors.

3. Michael helping his mother AGAIN. His duplicity where

Katherine is concerned is gettiing on my nerves and should be addressed.

Can't wait for him to get what's coming to him, should be good.

4. Jack. Why have him plotting and scheming when you just know he's

going to get caught. What's the point.

5. Phylis against Amber. Should be good because they are the same.

6. Victor against EVERYBODY Enought said.

7. Chloe against Cane/Lily. Boring. Jil's reaction should be good

especially since is a younger version of her.

• Members

I forgot, I love MAB writing for Jill. It seems like she enjoys the character, and has big plans for her. I love how Jill sees right through Brad wanting power, and is going after Chancellor Industries/Jabot Cosmetics. Jill/Brad vs. Gloria/Jeff throw in some Katherine//Nikki and possibly Jack, and you have yourself excellence in the making. I just hope they do a better job than the BE takeover of Llanview.

Archived