The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can I rant for a second?

You wanna know how deeply screwed soap fans are?

We get crappy, continuing soaps (for the most part).

We then finally get a classic soap rerun.

But, wait. It's on a channel that hardly anyone has access to.

Still, out of all YouTube, one person can post episodes.

But, wait. They are too frustrated and give up.

Still, someone else has access to them.

But, wait. They don't want to post them because YouTube crawls up your ass with copyright infringements.

Still, there's a link.

But, wait. Out of all the times during the day these two episodes could be scheduled, they're scheduled for 12 and 12.30. That means the channel totally skips one of the episodes each day and only broadcasts the second one. Because why respect your viewers?

Still, that's something.

But, wait!!! The link works perfectly fine, no freezes or blackouts, except for the time the one episode of THE DOCTORS is broadcast.

HA. HA. HA.

• Members

I'm wondering if it's a rights issue for the affiliate. RetroTV has repeatedly stated that they don't have streaming rights. I've also seen at least one douchemonkey on their facebook page who seems to have made it his mission to rat out every live streaming affiliate he can find. In regards to the user recording episodes, but not uploading them to youtube, I can understand their concerns over the youtube nazis. A workaround, however, might be to upload them, set them to "private" (so that they don't pop up in any general youtube search or for just any user) and then provide viewing links to just the people they screen. In any event, I'll take anything I can get. These episodes were thought lost for decades and haven't seen the light of day for over 45 years. I'm tickled just to see/hear/read ANYTHING.

• Members

I could understand if it was about residuals or something... but still, that's not right.

And even so, a residual check from this show would probably be for 23 cents or something. Why bother?

I hope this is resolved soon. I'd love to see some vintage Doctors. Now I wish someone would find out CBS didn't wipe Edge of Night...

• Members

Here is what that fool should do:

Step 1:

Put the god damn videos on private so only those who have the link can access them.

Step 2:

Create a private FB page that is totally hidden, for example "Y&R-The Classic Years", then post the private links on the page.

Step 3:

Ask us if via PM what are FB pages are so we can be invited.

Edited by allmc2008

• Members

The synopses for today's episodes.

Bill counsels Althea and gets to the bottom of her marriage to Dave Davis. John enjoys lunch with Polly and her acting stories. John’s cousin, Steve Aldrich arrives at Hope Memorial and flirts with Carolee and announces he has joined the intern program. Nick tells Althea that they have to get married which causes an argument. Matt lays in to Nick, when nick tells Matt that he offered to marry Althea. Nick then says that he is going to have a talk with Liz and tell her Althea is pregnant and that the wedding is off. Liz and Maggie have an uneasy conversation where Liz tries to convince Maggie that marrying Nick is the right thing and that she wants to have Nick’s children. Maggie tells Matt about her conversation with Liz. Nick cannot bring himself to tell Liz what is going on.